Newly Annointed - Any stories ?

by wombat 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wombat
    wombat

Hey....Anyone got any interesting stories about someone who woke up one morning with the sudden knowledge that they were one of the Annointed ?

I recall an elderly sister who was a sandwich short in the lunch box who insisted on partaking at the Memorial. It really pissed everyone off but no-one could say a word, of course.

Wombat

• MrBee
    MrBee

Ha ha, few years back I attended a memorial. After being asked for years by relatives ("just come with us and see it for yourself") I eventually gave in, after all there was nothing on the television that night. I wish I could tell you my experience of it but I was in that close state of half asleep, half awake throughout. What I do recall though was being brought round to conciousness by a plate being thrust into my hand by a person sitting beside me. Having visions of being in a Catholic mass I proceeded to munch my way through the bread, *gasp* *tut* *shock* and all eyes were on me! I thought I had been talking in my sleep. matters werent made any better when, after I was explained to about what I had done, I began to laugh and laugh....and laugh all the way through the remainder of the service. Next time I'll just shove some cash on the plate!

• wombat
    wombat

MrBee, I never reply to my own posts to bttt but I must here.

You were so bad - you will surely burn in Hell.

Maybe it was hash bread.

Just love the story...Wombat

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL @ MrDoBee!

pssst wombat, there are a few of 'the remnant' posting here. I kid you not! (bunyips loose in the top paddock).

===

In the early '70's we had a new brother arrive from Germany. His english wasn't that good and I remmember hearing the PO ask him "and you're a baptised brother?" ..."Ya Ya" ..and you are a ministerial servant?" ... "Ya Ya that I am" .. "so you can give Service Meeting talks?" ... Ya that is no problem, I can do everything"... "OK I'll asign you some responsibilities until your papers come though"

Anyway, this fellow gives service meeting talks and even one part of a symposium. When the memorial comes he partakes of the emblems and the jig is up LOL. (some new pioneer sisters were very upset with my father who approached him after the service and inocently tried to make some joke about his crew cut saying.."you've got high hopes haven't you?!". Mum insisted we have them over to dinner to show we weren't barbarians lol.

• Clam
    Clam

Yes this subject interests me as I've toyed with the idea of being "an anointed one" ( patent pending )myself. I quite like the idea of being in an exclusive club, but my experience of some of the other 143,999 has left me less than enthusiastic.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I say Clam I've never thought of it that way before. Apart from the respect and free wine imagine, if one just happenned to be the last man standing (or last one to keel over) that would have to be worth some browny points amoungst the bretherin. Geez there'll be a josling for that position. Imagine the attention .. widows weeping .. please don't go ... serious minded brothers of all types wondering if your death will bring the end ... Saddle sore Rutherford up there calling out "hurry up and die ya bastard!"

144,000 aaaaaand me!

• MrBee
    MrBee

What would happen if the full allocation of places were filled with people who were genuine about it? Would it become a first come, first served basis?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

My story is totally out there. I once heard about this guy that was in our circut. I heard that he had come to the conclusion that he was "anointed". The story went like this:
    He was going through a divorce. The divorce was scriptural, but not in your typical sense. It came out that they had never made the marriage "offical" if you get what i'm saying. People where set back, they where married for at least a few years I think. Most thought that it was a lie, but the decision stayed. Around this time the guy started thinking he was anointed. I don't think he ever partook at the memorial. Eventually he got remarried. I don't think the same odd behavior carried over to the next marrige. It's been around 3-4 years now.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Drew, thanks for sharing (not that JWs share much at the memorial)

What would happen if the full allocation of places were filled with people who were genuine about it? Would it become a first come, first served basis?
    Hey mrbee, the whole allocation is full of people who are genuine about it. The angel of Jehovah comes and anoints the chosen ones with holy spirit and a free tongue of fire (sort of like the tooth fairy but no money changes hands and no tangable evidence is left).
  • Chimene
    Chimene

MrBee

ROFLAO!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit