Abuse BOE Now At SL

by silentlambs 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Farkel
    Farkel

Hiya Max,

I found it fascinating that the society told the elders to NOT proceed with any judicial matters as it could be seen as "obstructing justice." That is a very wise thing to demand, and I appluad the society (at least for Britain) for putting the reins on the elders until the legitimate authorities have concluded their investigation, and perhaps even a trial and verdict.

Rabid elders who were allowed to jump into the fray could easily and seriously jeopardize an investigation from authorities who actually know what they are doing.

I also find it interesting that in Britain authorities are notified first, and Legal second.

In the US, Legal is notified first and the authorities are only notified if the local law REQUIRES them to be notified.

What was that Proverb about using two sets of weights, Max? Can anyone say "Mexico/Malawi" six times without stuttering? Bulgaria? Or the infamous WTS press release that states if a dub takes a blood transfusion it doesn't result in automatic shunning?

Of COURSE it doesn't result in "automatic shunning." First comes the Judicial Committe, THEN comes the shunning. They fooled Bulgaria with that lie/half-truth, and I'm sure Russia knows how they really operate now as a result of that.

Let the good times roll!

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• JT
    JT

This is so FUNNY , but really it is sad::

the Letter to the BOE states:

"Elders are ... are generally not qualified to evaluate the genuineness or the seriousness of an allegation of child abuse."

JR Brown says:
    Paducah Sun 1-28-01

Both Brown and Moreno said that the elders, who volunteer and are essentially untrained clergy, might err in their application of a policy

##########
    ??????????????????????????????- Why are Untrained, Unqualified persons even involved??????????????

can you imagine you are about to board a Boeing 747 and it is annouced over the intercom that the 3 Guys up front who will be flying this plane are :

"Volunteers and are essentially untrained (Pilots)clergy, might err in their (flying of this plane)application of a policy"

you got to LOVE IT

JAMES

• Maximus
    Maximus

James,

Now you tell the straight truth.

When you went to the big elder training school, weren't you told that you got the BEST TRAINING ON EARTH?

Which is it, JR? Are your boys in the field the BEST TRAINED or simply bumpkins who "screw up" out in the field because they are "untrained volunteers."

And the circuit and district overseers don't give no directions? What are they, potted plants who just report numbers back and read letters word for word? Society could save a ton of money by cutting them birds off, since they aren't pulling their weight.

Do I tell it like it is, JT?

Max

• Seeker
    Seeker
    Or if the GB *really* is guilty of having two differing policies - and I don't understand what their motives would be for doing so. Why the preference for the Brittish children? What is it about the US that *allowed* them to sweep pedophilia under the rug?

I don't know why there are two different policies, but I can speculate. Why does Legal in the U.S. tell the elders some of the time to report child abuse, and other times not to report child abuse? Because some cases occur in states that have mandatory reporting laws and other cases occur in states that don't have such laws. In other words, the Society tells the elders to do the minimum required by law. If the law doesn't force their hand, it's better to sweep it under the rug, for after all, the organization's reputation mustn't suffer.

So I'm guessing that Britain has a universal mandatory reporting law that forced the British branch to advocate such an enlightened policy. And since they were forced into it anyway, they might as well write it as if they were totally concerned about the welfare of the children (instead of forced into it by the state). My guess is that if the U.S. had a universal mandatory reporting law (instead of state by state laws that vary), the U.S. elders would have gotten a similar letter showing great concern for the welfare of the children.

In other words, they care first for their reputation, and only care for the children when the state forces them to. And when that happens, they put on a show of great care for children.

Hypocrites.

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Seeker,

Bingo. I stated similarily over on the "Smoking Gun" thread - only not near as eloquently.

Why wasn't the literature donation universal? Because it depended upon what laws were in each state/country/continent. Malawi/Mexico has already been mentioned, as is Bulgaria.

Same principle - the WTBTS is more interested in saving their own reputation (translate to money) than in saving and helping abused children - and that is shown worldwide. They will twist their own principles (and the Bibles) to whatever will benefit them - and that doesn't mean their followers.

waiting

• chasson
    chasson

Maximus,

In France, I still not have particular letters. We have an ex-elder who have all the letter of the erea between 1993-1996, but nothing on the matter.

Several weeks ago, i was in touch with an official of JW in Paris, I didn't tell him that i am an ex-JW but instead a scholar on JW ;-)

I had terribly lie to him: JW are a religion in good standing, etc...

After a hour of discussion, he told me that the policy has changed in France too, that perhaps in the past it was not clear on the matters. He gave me a date: 1997.

This week, a friend of mine, ex-elder but still JW told me that in 1997, in an elder's convention they told them to report to the police (1997)

But now, I have two cases about pedophilia and because there is no two witness, the victim was told to do nothing.

I think that since 1997, elders had instructions to report to the police only when they have two witness.

We had two lawsuit's involvment in the past (Dijon, Pezenas)

http://www.multimania.com/palain/bulles60.htm#tjc
    http://www.multimania.com/tussier/rev9803.htm#7

Both, the elders had not reported the case to the police.

Bye

Charles

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit