Share a Quote You like

by Lo-ru-hamah 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

Last night I was surfing the net when I came upon this beautiful quote. I thought that everyone here would get it.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. -- Voltaire

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I've loved this quote since I've been young, "To the world you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world." I think that's an awesome quote!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I live my life by this one:

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing." -George Bernard Shaw -Becka :)

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Oops, double post.

-Becka :)

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

"We were born to live, not to prepare for life"

Boris Pasternak

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Get busy living or get busy dying - Shawshank Redemption

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

i am alone with my sheep, but my sheep are not alone with me. lionel hardcastle

• whyizit
    whyizit

John 10:27-30 - (*I especially like that "no one is able to snatch them out of My hand" part!)

My Dad: Someday, you may need to tell someone to "get lost", but you can find a polite way to do it.

Mother Teresa: We can do no great things - only small things with great love.

My Mom: He who angers you, controls you. (*That was a real eye-opener!)

• Terry
    Terry

A GRIEF SHARED IS HALF A GRIEF;

A JOY SHARED IS TWICE A JOY.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

This was just sent to me today...and I LOVE it.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"

FF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit