Brokeback mountain

by InquiryMan 28 Replies latest jw experiences

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Sherry,

Thank you. Your story was one of the peoples' stories I had in mind. If you have a link to your story and the others, this thread might benefit. There was another story by a guy, who almost got married. The Elders had told him "becoming a Witness would 'cure' him", apparently it did not.

I don't remember who that was, I do remember my mind making a c r e a k i n g sound as it began to open while reading it. Apparently, it had been nailed shut by society in general and the WT society specifically -- when I wasn't looking. Who, what, when, where...I didn't see nuttin' ! Inquiry Man, I think the fact that your wife understands and respects you as a person, despite what she will lose, speaks a lot about you and her as good humans. Your honesty with her has got to be the the biggest reason for this being peaceful. Deception is the worst thing that could happen. Most people seem to declare war on their exes, despite all the harm that will be done to themselves and their children. I wanted to 'stay friends', my x declared war. I hope y'all stay close always

Yep, people should stirve to have a 'fairmind' to be fair, that is.

Rabbit ~ that's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it...

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

We were going to go see it, but I looked it up at kidsinmind.com and it seems to be a little more graphic than I wish to view. I'm sure it's a good movie.

• InquiryMan
  • truckerann
    truckerann

Drew...I downloaded it off of WARAZ and watched it last night...it was a different type of story..not one I am use to seeing, but there wasn't any obsene scenes just a lot of enudo (sp)...it was pretty sad in the end...if you like a sappy love stories...kinda like romeo and juilet...or I should say romeo and julio...

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I gave in and saw it. At first I wanted to laugh at the music. It was twangy country guitar and I thought it was meant as a satire. It was a little over the top. Then the music changed when they started getting interested in one another. When they were at it like rabbits the music was even more comical. The story was sad because the characters portrayed are so pathetic. The life they lead is so unfulfilling. The deception and duplicity they engage in is draining to watch. It was an ok movie, not a classic. Heath whatshisface did a good job of seeming the disinterested husband/boyfriend. His mumble and antisocial affectations were so believable I wondered if he was acting. All in all it was some of the most beautiful scenery I've seen on a big screen in years.

W.Once

• Gypsy Sam
    Gypsy Sam

I finally watched this movie. I found it touching and was absorbed in the plot and picturesesque outdoor setting While intrigued by the love story aspect. I definitely felt bad for the wives and the mental anguish the wife of Ennis experienced. The ending was gut wrenching. I could only feel compassion for those that have gone through something similar.

My dad would launch into a tirade if I expressed this to him as he would be disgusted when Will and Grace came on the TV, when I was a teen and wasn't too fond of us watching the program.

Watching this film was my own personal last hurrah/reminder, that I'm happy to have faded this year and completely accept that what other people do in terms of their sex life, abortion, tattoo's etc. is none of my business. I only wish more people would practice safer sex and not have children until they can financially and emotionally provide for them. Education is the way to improve these issues.

Live and let live.

To thyne own self, be true.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

the movie was total homosexual panderig to the gay community. while i dont have any problem with the plot, i think bestiality would have made a more realistic story.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

man, i just had a great antecdote deleated.

• Brokeback Watchtower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit