Ctrl, Alt, Delete.....

by bikerchic 22 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

misanthropic,

I've concluded I wouldn't change one moment of anything ever. Everything that has ever happened if I brought it on myself or not, all the bad choices I have ever made, everything has brought me to where I am in my life now.

Yeah, well, I used the Spoof as an excuse to sit on my ass and cower in the dark. The Spoof did nothing but give me a place to hide. Except for the first twenty-three years of a wonderful marriage and two amazing (non-JW!) kids, I have nothing to show for it. Most of my potential went unrealized until I woke up 11 years ago.

Let me repeat that:

Most of my potential went unrealized until I woke up 11 years ago.
    I'm not sure I would have gone to college – it's not the only way to a satisfying career. But underlying the prohibition of higher education is a poisonous distrust of all forms of creative expression that is not directly applied to preaching and worship.

Let me repeat that I became a jaydub because I was scared of life. It wouldn't be any use to me to excise the jaydub years from my life unless I could go back and excise that fear too.

If I knew then, at 17, what I know now – I could have been on my third glittering career by now.

GentlyFeral

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

I know when I would have done Ctrl, Alt, Delete, but looking back, it's all turned out for the good. I would have had more freedom and experiences, yes, but I would be trading that for the first feeling of stability in my life, ever. And with recent events in my family, I really need this stability and love that I have now at home.

Anyway, it hurts too much to talk about it.

• damselfly
    damselfly

So many bad decisions to choose from. I would have to go with changing my reactions to bad events in my young life. I wish I had the courage to stand up for myself more and make my wishes and feelings known. But it's a process so I'm glad I have the wisdom from those bad decisions and experiences to guide me now. I wouldn't be half the person I am now without them. (and I'm pretty kickass right now I must say! lol )

Dams

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit