Do you know your Ranks?

by Sparkplug 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Well I do not.

Having grown up a JW, I never noticed anything about the military, or country. I still am learning so much. So how funny is it

that I get to take photos at the start of a "meet the troops" campaign? People volunteer to greet our US troops when they get

off the 20 hour flight they have.

While taking some shots, one of the gentlemen gets in the way of the lens. After about the

third time, I politely (thank DOG) asked him if he could step back for just a moment. Then I kind of moved him over a bit with

my hand when he looked like he did not get what I was saying. So here he is.

Do you all know what position and rank he holds?

And guess what? They asked me to send my pictures to the Pentagon. Now that was neat! Ok, not this man, but his right

hand man that never really left his side. They wanted the shots I took. I really wish I had known what I was in for yesterday.

I have decided that it is a crazy world. I need to wake up earlier and drink more coffee so that I am wide awake when this stuff

happens.

LMFAO

Then to top it all, I went home and turned on the news. There it is on TV on every station. I really wish I had gotten up earlier

and dressed nicer.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Ok, I see either you all do not know, or...it really is a silly topic. I just thought it was so neat!

This is the Sergeant Major of the Army. They said E9. The highest rank in soldiers. So he is da' man. For today.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Spark, I was confused. Also I didn't know the answer. But please tell the story. Where were you and why were you there? Inquiring minds want to know these things!

Sherry

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I got to go with my company's Charity group to meet troops returning from the other side of the world. Some have been gone from children and wives for a year or so. So we volunteered to go and greet the 195 soldiers that came in yesterday. This is a new campaign for DFW. So all the News and heads of who knows all what were there and I got to take photos for my company.

So the main person who spoke was the Sergeant Major of the Army. And he is the one I (ever so nicely) moved over. Anyhow, his right hand guy said they wanted a copy of my shots that I took and gave me a card of where to send them.

I later get to my desk and read it and it is:

XXX Army Pentagon

Washington, DC.

Now that was kewl!

The whole event was pretty emotional. I never have felt that much patriotism and this was new to me. Not that I was feeling that way completely....I think it was more of seeing the people be reunited, grown men cry, and I even got all teary eyed and had a hard time focusing the camera.

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sparky, I just gotta say it:

Your new avatar=Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

-Breck

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

LKL- I have to say that you are paying so much attention to my words today!

Geez!

oh, and thanks

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Gretchen956- are you naked in that avatar? Love it!

Oh and here is a link to the news. The top one is silly, but the 2nd and 3rd really spell it out.
    http://media.vmsnews.com/MR.pl?id=022306-517782-L000538221

• blondie
    blondie

Perhaps the Black Horse Regiment or the 11th Armored Calvary Regiment (ACR)

http://www.m11thcav.com/patch.html

I grew up in the military but not the army. The mystique wore off.

Blondie

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    Sergeant Major of the Army

Blondie-No really, that is who he is. And I moved him out of my way...lol

• blondie
    blondie

I guess my post wasn't clear. I wasn't disagreeing as to who he was just some additional information as to what group he might serve in based on the patch on his arm.

Having grown up in a military family, rank alone doesn't impress me much any more. But I do give them the honor that the uniform deserves.

Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit