Only a little flock of 144,000 go to heaven and rule with Christ???????????

by melba 14 Replies latest jw friends

• melba
    melba

I am not here to insult anybody by all means but if only 144,000 people make it into heaven then what about the 2.2 billion children in the world ? Now don't get me wrong I belive in god to the fullest. I am a christian just curious about your religon ? I would just like to know your perspective on this particular subject and anything else you would like to share with me on your religon? Thank you for reading my post.

A Friend in God, Melba

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hey melba, welcome to the board!! Don't worry, you won't offend anyone here with a question like that, this board is mostly filled with ex-JWs and people who aren't JWs but are involved with JWs, like me.

I can't answer your question, because I think that the notion of the 144 000 is ludicrous, but there are lots of people here who can give you the WTS reasoning behind that particular doctrine, even if they no longer agree with it.

Stick around and ask lots of questions, there are a lot of great people here who will answer any JW-related questions that you might have.

-Becka :)

• kid-A
    kid-A

hi melba,

Most of the folks here are ex-JWs who dont agree with the teachings of the watchtower. Yes I agree, the idea that 144K go to heaven is completely absurd. Its been

discussed alot around here in the past. There is tons of background info on the jws at www.freeminds.org

cheers

• melba
    melba

cool , I had thought that this was a all JW site , but thats nice to know that my message wasn't ofensive as I thought it would be!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Melba. Welcome to the board.

Yes, the JWs believe that only 144,000 go to heaven. The rest of the JWs live forever on earth. Everyone who is not a JW is destroyed by God at Armageddon.

Cellist

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to the board, melba.

As a former dysfunctional and deceived Jehovah's Witness, I agree with you completely. The Watchtower doctrines regarding heaven and hell are not supported in the Bible.

• Nolita
    Nolita

Hi Melba,

Jehovah's Witnesses believe that 144,000 - a number taken from Revelation 7:4, and a few other Revelation references, are going to go to heaven to rule as kings & priests alongside Jesus, the King of God's Kingdom. They believe that all other "true" christians will live through "armageddon," or God's war to cleanse the earth of all wickedness, and will then live on earth under the Kingdom ruled by Jesus and the 144,000. These, they say, are the "great crowd" mentioned in Revelation 7:9. Essentially, if you are not one of Jehovah's Witnesses, you will not live through Armageddon. Yes that includes the vast majority of the 2.2 billion children on earth, since their parents' decision to not become Jehovah's Witnesses seal their fate as being among the wicked.

That's it in a nutshell...hope it answers your question. And welcome! You're new like me!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Welcome melba,

Thing is : Rev. 14:1 and Rev. 7 both talk about 144,000 as standing with the lamb..being bought from the earth, sealed..etc. But 12 is a number meaning complete. And since Rev. is all in symbols and signs it could be symbolic of just the complete number...not a literal number.

And 144,000 is divisible by 12

• tassie
    tassie

honey that is ridiculous crap. yu have come to the right place to ask such a question. th very idea that only 144000 go to haeven is preposterous. we, like me have been raised believing that dross and now we feel foolish because it is. tassie

• Carmel
    Carmel

Anyone ever wonder why God and Jesus need help from 144,000 virgin Jewish men? What would they do in their "helpers" role? Carry messages down to the Fat and Disgusting Slave Class?

carmelite

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit