Documents--Volume-1

by Atlantis 31 Replies latest watchtower bible

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

bttt because it needs to be

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Just saw this now. WOW! What an undertaking! Great resource. Look forward to Volume 2.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Atlantis

This is an awesome amount of work - absolutely awesome. Thank you so much for putting all these links together.

I will be creating a new section in the BEST series just for topics like this that link to so many "proofs" that we do not lie or need to make these things up. The WTS has done a great job at shooting their own foot off.

BTW. There has never been one criticism of what you have posted on JWD since you first came here. Keep up the excellent work. It really is appreciated by all. If you have any questions about the legality of certain posts feel free to PM any of the mods or Simon and Angharad.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

WOW ATLANTIS!!!!!!! THAT WAS GREAT, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK!!!!!

I am definitely going to save this for all the necessary anti witnessing I must do!

Looking forward to Volume 2!

IC

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Atlantis - Thank you. Though I have not had time to check out even the surface of the links you provide, I will keep a mark to this spot for reference future.

Great Idea Lady Lee - Maybe call the Topic Heading - Links to Documents - or to effect. Great Idea.

Jeff

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

This is a great thread. Thanks for compiling all of this!

Kwin

• pmouse
    pmouse

Great information and a good look at the controlling nature of the cult.

• exjdub
    exjdub

btt

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Atlantis - That is a fabulous lot of links to docs! I would like permission to post those at my JW Link Index, soon to be posted on my webblogs. Wonderful work! How would you like it credited?

• valkyrie
    valkyrie

Excellent work!

This is my current favourite quote from one of the linked documents ("Page numbers will not match your computer. Look for page numbers that are circled in scans;FADT 124 and FADT 125------takes a few seconds to download. http://www.aph.gov.au/hansard/joint/commttee/j2444.pdf "):

Excerpt of remarks made by Mr Vincent Joseph Toole, Legal Officer, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Australia in response to a hearing before the (OMMONWEALTH OF AUSTRALIA) Official Committee Hansard Joint Committee on Foreign Affairs, Defence and Trade [Reference: Australia’s efforts to promote and protect freedom of religion and belief) on Friday, 15 October 1999

"Mr Toole—I guess so, and I guess it is the same thing—you will disagree but yet you are the best of friends. That is the view we take. The fact that people do not necessarily share our particular understanding and they think, ‘Oh no, that is the not the way I want to believe it,’ is fine. We are really trying to educate people and teach tolerance. That really is getting at the very root cause of the problem. It is fanaticism that causes some of these problems, where people have a singular view that their way is right and woe betide anybody who disagrees with it. It gets to the stage, when you start having that elevated to a level of government, where you have a very dangerous situation because then you are only one step away from totalitarianism, where you have people in high places deciding what you can and cannot believe on a whole host of things.

Tying in with your question before about what should governments do, I would have thought in a free society that people should be able to have whatever beliefs they want unless they become detrimental or positively disruptive to society at large. The price we pay for a free society is to allow people to have whatever opinions they want, unless it gets to the stage where they are destroying the public order. Now, whether or not it is destroying the public order should be a matter for objective analysis, not a subjective, bigoted type of imposition of other people’s wills."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit