How much of WTS language is business oriented instead of religious?

by Lady Lee 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

The Witness people are one tiny step from being beggars. Their closes at the doors for a "donation" is begging, panhandling. No different than asking for donations for flowers at the airport. The only thing that separates the Witness people from street corner beggars is their suits, pantyhose, pumps, and Lexus cars.

The Society has gone to begging for donations from the Witness people with feature length meeting programs, gift giving magazine articles, and repeated appeals at conventions. They have a financial gift program at the branch level, and they have a special financial gift receiving department as a part of their management team.

The Witness owned corporation specializes in literature production and distribution, event sponsoring, owned convention facility rentals, real estate speculation and development, and promotion of their "donation arrangement". It's a busine$$ at every level.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What really gets me is how over the years they have published the same books with a new title and a paragraph or two changed and then taken it out on the road to peddle again.

• Scully
    Scully

The very heart of the religion is not Jesus, not Jehovah, but The Organization™. You can doubt Jesus, you can doubt Jehovah, you can even doubt the Bible. But you look sideways at The Organization™ or even breathe anything negative about it, and you are buzzard bait. Any other religion refers to itself as "the church". But with JWs, it's The Organization™. I know it is the reason why I cringe whenever I read a corporate statement at work and they refer to themselves as "the organization."

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Most of it is business and its not based on love for god, its based on getting numbers in so it looks like we're giving god and jesus love. Frankly I and I know lots of you, think that its BS....

• M.J.
    M.J.

The WTS is such a product of western (specifically American) free market society...a type of entity that would be completely alien to anyone in Biblical times.

• M.J.
    M.J.

Great point, LL, by the way. I never thought of it like that.

• still wondering
    still wondering

Yes, I agree with every word said, but most businesses are run by directors who want to make pots of money to buy and show off their swanky cars and big houses.

This lot, as far as I know, aren’t doing that. Perhaps their goal is more subtle, maybe a power thing. Control of peoples minds but to what end?

I’m confused.

• garybuss
    garybuss

SW, you gotta be joking, right? :-)

• still wondering
    still wondering

no, i trying to understand their motives, just what are they getting out of it?

• still wondering
    still wondering

personally i mean.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit