The Deity of Christ

by RevFrank 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

Moshe, with all due respect, could this not be said about ANY god presently being worshipped?

Absolutely!

I doubt that many Jews who escaped the gas chambers of WWII came away believing in a G-d who cares about mankind. For many Jews ,it more about belonging to a tribe and taking care of the family and community, than a religion of absolutes.

peace,

Moshe

• Shazard
    Shazard

Problem with unbelievers is that they try to analyze poetry with mathematic and mathematic with poetry! You can't see God with one eye, you have to have both - poetic vision and mathematical logical vision to see behind the text of Bible. If you know God and know that he is absolutley Just and absolutely Love, clever mind can understand that there is no other way for salvation as for God to become man and deliver men to God!
    Second problem of unbelievers is their missunderstanding of term "God" what it is! They project their thoughts to some hiperbeeing which is just something as big powerful mage, superhuman, hipermegaspirit... some person with infinite properties... and still our mind put him into the box of our mind. Unbelievers too often ask question HOW instead of IF!

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

An excellent way to put it, Shazard,,,,,...so I'll add on to it like....."For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways, my ways, said the Lord. For as the heavens are higher then the earth, so are my ways higher then your ways, and my thoughts then your thoughts."((ISAIAH 55:8,9))

In other words we'll never fully understand the Lord 100%. So when we begin to think, "Hey, I know the Lord," your completely lost.

PEACE

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

The reason why these things appear to be contradicting is because they were. The inventors of the Christian religion knew that to make it credible they had to tie it in to the Jewish prophecies of the Messiah and this is what they did, finding pieces of texts in the old testament and showing that Jesus fulfilled these things, but all the while not looking at the context which once read, does not make sense, because as has been shown some of these texts were referring to Yaweh.

The WTS does a fine job of hiding these facts, but I firmly believe that they know the truth about these things, and this is the reason they barely give any credit to Jesus as other Christians do. As has been mentioned in this DB the WTS is more of a Jewish religion than a Christian one, no matter how they try to portray it. The truth is that the Old Testament and the New Testament is mostly BS, I have researched this matter thoroughly and am 100% convinced of this, I don't mean to offend the believers they are free to believe what they want.

To see reality, one has to put aside their preconcieved ideas and be willing to accept the truth no matter how painful and astonishing it may be, the reward is that you will be FREE from all the superstitions and beliefs that hold us humans back from reaching our full potential and the fear of some supernatural retribution if you don't actively worshipf some sort of deity which was invented by some priest thousands of years ago, if god wants worship he will appear to us just like it is said he appeard to those prophets long ago, and he will let us know, till then it's all hearsay.

IC

• trevor
    trevor
    The Deity of Christ can be substantiated by individual Biblical passages…

The existence of Father Christmas can be substantiated by individual passages found in many books. He can actually be seen and conversed with at many major stores during December.

Millions of children will testify to his existence and show you the presents he has brought them. Their parents will assure you, as they have their children, that he is real and actively flying through the heavens. How much more evidence do we need to believe.

You can keep your god RevFrank. I will be spending my holiday this year up north with a much kinder Father and I hope to come home with a present.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Amen Trevor.

To which I would add, the existence of Peter Rabbit, Alice in Wonderland, the Tooth Fairy, Frankenstein and Dracula can also be substantiated by referring to old "texts" and manuscripts. Literature does not equal reality.

To Shazard, many of the greatest poets in the world were ATHEISTS and/or AGNOSTIC. Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Artaud, Francoise Villon, EE Cummings, T.S. Elliot, Wallace Stephens, to name just a few.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

One thing I have noticed:

ZECHARIAH 12:10

(KJV) "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon ME whom they have pierced,"

(NWT) "And I will pour out upon the house of David and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem the spirit of favor and entreaties, and they will certainly look to THE ONE whom they pierced through,"

The JWs are quick to point out that the NWT isn`t the only version that translates this as "look to THE ONE whom they pierced thru". The New American Bible and the New Revised Standard Version does it too. Even though a literary translation would say "me", from what I`ve understood. Of course, JWs defend this by pointing to the "necessary" bias in stranslation (or that there is bias in all translations, so why shouldn`t they do it too...duh), and they will of course be the first to point it out when the KJV has some passages that aren`t translated literally.

Double standards all the way.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Humourless b*st*rds!

Where's Gumby when ya need him?

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Ummm, I don't think you want to bring him in on this right now...

alt

~Merry

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Now that's interesting. I never thought I was dealing with the trinity. Yet for some reason when one talks about the deity of Christ the jws think you're talking about the trinity. 1 thing at a time. I've already posted on the subject, roughly, on a few trinity points.

Now who mentioned the creating of the christian religion? Christianity isn't a religion. Christianity is one who follows after Christ. Besides the word, "christians," are mentioned a few times in scripture.

PEACE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit