DEFENDING THE LIE----by avoiding the truth about THE TRUTH

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Chimene
    Chimene

Well, I figured you have such good points as to how the Truth is not the Truth, it would be very helpful to people trying to get out, and I would be glad to help push something like that like a JW slave pushing a WT or track. Anyhow,

IMO

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Terry that was BRILLIANT!!!! , their truth just doesn't hold up under scrutiny, does it? I agree that writing on this DB is more helpfull than writing a book because the active JW would never step foot in a religious book store or walk over to that section a Barnes & Noble lest they be singled out by someone who might see them! But here, all the lurkers can read this information and remain anonymous and they can do this in their homes, also they can compare their WTS books against what is said here and see that we aren't what the WTS portrays us to be ie "Evil Apostates, who do nothing but lie", no my freinds, they can see that if you are looking for actual truth you can find it here, where we have nothing to hide, no religion to protect, just unbiased facts and freedom to draw your own conclusions.

Terry, keep em coming!!!!!

I don't agree with everything you believe in, but I appreciate you nonetheless, thank you for the excellent information you share with us!

IC

• Terry
    Terry
    I don't agree with everything you believe in, but I appreciate you nonetheless, thank you for the excellent information you share with us!

IC

I'm just recycling the same-old same-old in my own fashion.

Everybody thinks differently.

I remember learning more by reading Isaac Asimov's popularization of Algebra (The Realm of Algebra) than all the school classes I ever took because he had a way of expressing ideas transparently.

Finding somebody who can make an idea CLEAR TO YOU is important in learning.

Reading and writing are interpretive skillsets; but, presentation of interwoven details requires that you really penetrate the surface and bring it all together.

I've been looking at the "Watchtower Problem" for many years. Only now are certain obvious facts becoming clear to me!!

T.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Talking about JW's buying books that could be viewed as apostate. I was so scared to be seen buy an apostate book that I only bought them through the mail. It took reading Crisis of Conscious before I quit being afraid. The JW leadership scares the heck out of us with all this talk of satan and demons getting us if we read literature by apostates. But now reading online one can sneak and do that and no one be the wiser, no apostate books laying around for other JDubs to find.

Terry you contribute a great deal here, and your critical review of JW's history and your way of targeting JW's and encouraging them to think is very very good. Keep up the good work, I save many of your comments and share them with JW's who write me through AJWRB.ORG when they are ready to listen and learn. Sometime I talk to people for months before they are ready to open their mind up and reason logically.

Balsam

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry you contribute a great deal here, and your critical review of JW's history and your way of targeting JW's and encouraging them to think is very very good. Keep up the good work, I save many of your comments and share them with JW's who write me through AJWRB.ORG when they are ready to listen and learn. Sometime I talk to people for months before they are ready to open their mind up and reason logically.

I use to have lunch every week with my childhood friend, Johnny. He was the guy who drew me into being a JW through constant prodding, Q&A and such.

Over a year and a half ago he just stopped calling. Then, he'd call and chat and pretend we'd get together "soon" and fade off again for months.

The crackdown on "apostates" and pervasive eye of Big Brother were too much heat for Johnny.

I thought he and I were making slow progress.

He'd be open to conversation and then just shut down defensively.

I could tell he wanted a way out that wouldn't slam the door for him.

There is no such way, of course. But, I could tell he had applied all of his intelligence to finding a loophole.

I've since come to consider there are many such JW's who can't find a way out of their predicament.

Any reasonably smart person realizes when they are stuck going nowhere.

The problem comes down to these sticking points.

1.Meetings are as dull as anesthesia. There are too many of them.

2.Elders are often objects of ridicule from the rank and file because they are unreasonable, snoopy, hard-headed and don't know the "Truth" as well as many of the older JW's.

3.Gossip is rampant. The more insular a group is; the more gossip is the escape valve of underground news; especially bad news.

4.The theology of the Watchtower Society is in the doldrums. There is no new date on the horizon. There is a bad aftertaste from changing the "generation" signpost that kept hope alive.

5.Older folks who have hung on to the bitter end are themselves the bitter end. The have a simmering covert hostility in them because the beliefs that brought them in have just about all been struck down and changed.

6.Young folks can't get their parent's to wise up and face facts. It turns the young against the old as they lose respect for the parent's intellect and judgement. Parent's don't want to be put in the bind of not being able to speak to their own children.

7.Changes that come are always bad ones; tighter controls and loss of more initiative on the part of the rank and file.

In short, there is a feeling of being devoured by a giant anaconda. It doesn't kill you outright; it swallows you up inch by inch while tightening its grip on you. You can't even scream for help; it won't do any good.

There is nowhere to go.

There is such psychic trauma instilled in the brothers and sisters they are paralyzed.

"Whom shall we go away to, Lord? You have the sayings of everlasting life." That sort of thing.

But, those "sayings" are mere promises which are never delivered.

The Watchtower Society is like an auto-repair shop that makes you pay for repairs up front, and then, you never get your car back. All you get is excuses, a list of repairs and promises of how much better it will run.

Who wouldn't shut down their mind to escape from the suffocation and the claustrophobia of such a life!

JW's no longer even hold in their mind the essence of a definition of what personal freedom would mean to them because all options have been expunged, damaged, villified and verboten.

Being a Jehovah's Witness is like cowering in a cardboard box in a deadend alley. Every once and awhile they stagger into the sunlight and shout to the world how superior their life is and what losers everybody else is. They look and smell like no life any sane person would embrace; but, the plastered smile of confidence says enough of their mind is gone they must believe the lie themselves. They are drunk on the cheap wine of promises unkept.

Only an intervention can help people in this condition.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit