DEFENDING THE LIE----by avoiding the truth about THE TRUTH

by Terry 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

With respect to books about the 607 BCE date, I looked in my wifes textbook for her history class she is taking and it has 587 BCE for the date. I am waiting for the correct time to point that out to her, not yet, would look to much like an attack.

I think if you were to look at any history book that covered that time period (unless it were authored by the dubs) you would find the historically and archeologically supported date, not 607.

Good luck and thanks for all the wonderful posts, keep them coming!

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

can someone help me find the thread that lists all the sources and the dates they list. It was a BIG long list! most of which said 587 as the year. I can't find it!

• Chimene
    Chimene

I copied and pasted it into word, then printed it. You can do that, and save the file on your desk top, does that help?

Terry,

Book

Book

Book

Book

Book (chanting LOL)

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, I thought 'Jesus chose' the organization after Russell died.

steve

Here is the chain of logic.

IF:

1.607 b.c.e. is the correct starting point (it isn't!) for calculating the Gentile Times

THEN

2.1914 brings Jesus in as King ruling in the midst of his enemies.

IF:

3.Jesus begins in 1914 separating the "sheep" from the "goats" he will make valid choices based on righteous standards.

THEN:

4.The selection of J.F.Rutherford's Watchtower Society authority matches Jesus' righteous standards.

***************************************************NOTE***************************************************************************

IF:

1. 607 b.c.e. is the wrong starting date for the Gentile Times Calculation

THEN:

2. Jesus did NOT return in 1914 and begin doing ANYTHING which would entail selecting J.F.Rutherford's Watchtower society.

So, where does this get us?

The 2nd coming of Jesus is necessary for any claims of the Watchtower Society to even begin to be relevent.

No second coming; no Jesus return: no necessity for Jesus to select one group rather than another group.

**********************************************************NOTE***************************************************************************

The premise behind the concept of "faithful and wise servent" or "faithful and discreet slave" or "governing body" has yet to be demonstrated as A VALID INTERPRETATION of scripture.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

Where did it come from?

Maria Russell.

The question should then be this:

Who gave Maria Russell the sacred wisdom to invent an accurate interpretation of a scripture NO ONE ELSE has ever viewed as empower a person/group to BECOME A CHANNEL OF COMMUNICATION between God and man?

The Watchtower Society uses this weird, novel, and entirely ad hoc interpretation to wield power and shut out anybody else's opinions.

But--THEY HAVE NEVER JUSTIFIED THIS INTERPRETATION OR ITS SOURCE.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Echoing Chimene,

BOOK,

BOOK,

BOOK!!

Thanks again Terry, great stuff!!

• Terry
    Terry
    Hey Terry, have you by chance written a book? If so, can you tell me what it's called? If not, you should

You share some great information

Nope.

I just sort things in my head to let them make the sense they make.

Where they don't; I ask myself "why?"

T.

• Rooster
  • Chimene
    Chimene
    Nope.

I just sort things in my head to let them make the sense they make.

Where they don't; I ask myself "why?"

T.

Wow, you really should! I'm sure everyone here would buy a copy!

• Sheri
    Sheri

I found this simple timeline book on history at Borders & Book on sale table: Investigate World History. authors: Anita Ganeri, Hazel Mary Martell, Brian Williams (Dempsey Parr Book Publishing). I had been conducting a Bible Study in the Knowledge Book and was on the chapter 10 God's Kingdom Rules, pg 96 #16 "Therefore, the destruction of Jerusalem by the Babylonians in 607 B.C.E> was very significant.." I had covered this section, never questioning the date being different from historical records and then on History Channel was a show about the History of God and they said Jerusalem was destroyed in 586 B.C.E., thinking that THEY WERE WRONG, I found this book I had purchased earlier and looked it up and sure enough the date of 586 B.C.E. was shown. I was shocked.

So started my research on WT CD, calling the society directly (told it was only a difference of 20 yrs and that using the Kings list from prior posts and reviewing WT literature the kings list does end up being 586 BCE, which I was told was because I was doing Traditional Math, Hello.......Oh and by they way he told me that I could write the Society for more information that they didnt publish but only gave to those who dug deeper but I had to write for it. Which again blew my mind what would God's food be on special order and disbursed to all.

Your wife will not find anything showing 607 BCE because it is only the WT that comes up with this date to force the 1919 being appointed as sole channel for Gods earthly organization. You can put in Destruction of First Temple Jerusalem in Search Engine and will get a lot of sites that are not apostate (per society). Especially going into Israel's official website will take you to this historical dates. Gee I would think they might know their own history, but no so according the WTS the whole world is wrong, even the publications they use as resources for 539 Pivotal Date for fall of Babylon will confirm the length of Kings to 586 fall of Jeruselm.

I have original book Babylonian Chronology 626 B.C.-AD.75 by Richard A. Parker and Waldo H. Dubberstein, 1956 - Brown University Press, which is quoted often in Insight Books and WT articles, which was given to me by elder JW to help me on research of 586 vs 607 and he supposed it would uphold 607because it was quoted for 539 date. It just shows that we accept what they print but often do not read what is referenced. It clearly supports 586 BCE!!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post, enjoy your research.

Peace

Sheri

• Terry
    Terry
    Wow, you really should! I'm sure everyone here would buy a copy!

I'd have to find an entirely new way of writing this kind of book.

Most of them are dull as ditchwater.

They are like reading an Algebra textbook.

Nothing worse than the tone of "poor me--I was taken advantage of".

I'd really want to aim it at the eye of a JW in good standing who is kind of...sniff..sniffing..around where they should not.

I figure they are looking for a reason to DISMISS a book and any false move or wrong word lets them off the hook.

It would be hard work to make it useful.

There are really too many of these kinds of books around and, in my opinion, few are readable.

T.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit