Ted Jaracz mystery.

by imfreeimfree 18 Replies latest jw friends

• imfreeimfree
    imfreeimfree

Ted Jaracz mystery.

In another thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/108263/1.ashx willyloman said:

Ted Jaracz was the Bethel celebrity on the program. In a concluding talk, he scolded today's elders for being so preoccupied with entertainment and said, "Why in our day, we didn't need entertainment." He went on to tell the bothers they should fill their free time by going back and reading all the WTS' publications, back to 1919. "That way, you know your history, where you came from" he intoned.

Can anyone suggest why he would have made such a stupid suggestion? He, of all people, knows the material is full of bombs, loaded and ready to explode in the minds of anyone with more than two synapses to rub together. What made him suggest they read the very material for which he had Quotes closed down?

Any suggestions?

David

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Because his real name is Ted Jackass

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

It's because like him and all the dubies (like I was to) are locked down on the ... the light increasing/progressing. Plus he is seriously old school as they come. He is a hater of technology and hates to waste money. I know 1st hand.

• blondie
    blondie

Notice how WTS history starts with 1919. They would like to forget 1879 to 1918 and Charles Taze Russell.

Blondie

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Maybe he want to see how many of them will take him up on it. If they do read back that far and find the bombs, they will D/A themselves. The society wants to see a large drop off of people. They will use that as proof that we are in the end times. "thousands at your right hand, shoulder to shoulder falling away' they have a song with something like that. Those who stick proudly with them will be hailed as faithful servants, ready to be handed the crown and staff of their new light.

• RR
    RR
    Notice how WTS history starts with 1919. They would like to forget 1879 to 1918 and Charles Taze Russell.

Yeah, but they need Russell to establish themselves.

RR

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

Thats kind of like telling fat people to exercise more. My dad was an elder, he had all the old publications and he never read them. I grew up in 'the truth' and never heard any elders talk about reading any old publications. But when I was at Bethel other Bethelites were paranoid of the older publications and suspected you of being apostate if you were up in the Bethel library reading them.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

The first cong. I was ever in had a clearance sale on old publications! They flogged off anything earlier than 1975 at bargain prices. Not long after that, 1983 I think, the word went out that study was not to be done in anything earlier than 1930's.

BTW, anyone want to buy 87 Truth books real cheap?

• heathen
    heathen

Yah why doesn't the WTBTS print books on their own history ? Miracle wheat and all , then people will know what fraud it was from day one. Nothing left for them to hide .

• zagor
    zagor
    Can anyone suggest why he would have made such a stupid suggestion? He, of all people, knows the material is full of bombs, loaded and ready to explode in the minds of anyone with more than two synapses to rub together. What made him suggest they read the very material for which he had Quotes closed down?

Any suggestions?

It is not only what you read but how you read it. What he is counting on is that any reader would put everything in the context of how Proclaimers book does it, i.e. "light getting brighter as the day draws near". It really goes beyond casual reading for an avarage dub to start noticing things, as Quotes own experience vividly portrays.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit