Angel of the Lord

by mdb 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    Well if there is a trinity then how can you explain the part where stephen says he sees jesus sitting at the right hand of God?

That would not be an argument against the Trinity. The trinity-doctrine is clear on the three being separate in person, the same in essence (but all part of the "God-head"). The confusion arises of course, because both the Father and the Son are referred to as "God".

The bible tells me jesus was an angel after his resurrection . Remember he kept appearing and disappearing walking thru doors ........... That would quite a feet for a human .

This is the view of the WTS, that Jesus` ressurection was "spiritual". I don`t agree with this, as it would nullify the hope given to mankind, thru the ressurection. If Jesus was "ressurected" solely as a spirit creature, then where do you (or the WTS) ever get the belief that you will be ressurected to live on earth? Without a pysical, bodily ressurection, the ressurection of Christ sets no presedence for the future ressurected state of the departed. The whole point of the ressurection has to be that it is primarily physical (but perfected), otherwise Jesus ressurection was no promise given to mankind about a future (physical) ressurection.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

No problem DD, actually I tried to respond on the topic (the "Angel of the Lord"), but this thread is another evidence that you can't discuss anything even remotely connected with the Trinity issue without ending in a generic Trinity debate.

• heathen
    heathen

well next you'll be telling me that God is omnipresent ..... I think the official trinity doctrine is that the father ,son and holy spirit are all the same person where as jesus never claimed equallity with the one he called father . In fact he claimed to be serving the father , he did nothing of his own initiative , John 7:28-29, pretty much covers the whole concept .

Jesus did show that he intended resurrect humans during his ministry but that also some humans would join him in rulership as spirit begotten sons or angels .That's what I believe the first resurrection in Revelation is about , for those that died as martyrs . The second resurrection takes place after the thousand year reign for people that didn't get a chance to worship Jesus or understand the opportunity of eternal life in the kingdom . That's my opinion on it .

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

heathen

The bible tells me jesus was an angel after his resurrection .

What verse?

Remember he kept appearing and disappearing walking thru doors ........... That would quite a feet for a human .

Not if this verse is true.

Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

I think the official trinity doctrine is that the father ,son and holy spirit are all the same person

This is not true, but is a topic for another thread.

D Dog

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Nark

No problem DD, actually I tried to respond on the topic (the "Angel of the Lord"), but this thread is another evidence that you can't discuss anything even remotely connected with ;the Trinity issue without ending in a generic Trinity debate.

Yea, I got sucked in. Sorry! D Dog

• Hellrider
    Hellrider
    I think the official trinity doctrine is that the father ,son and holy spirit are all the same person

Yes...and NO! They are one "person" yes, but this "person" includes the Father, the son and the holy spirit, which are all distinct in person, the same in essence, and all fully God. 1 x 1x 1 = 1.

This is the decision of the 318 Fathers in Nicea:

We believe in one God the Father all powerful, maker of all things both seen and unseen. And in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, the only-begotten begotten from the Father, that is from the substance [Gr. ousias, Lat. substantia] of the Father, God from God, light from light, true God from true God, begotten [Gr. gennethenta, Lat. natum] not made [Gr. poethenta, Lat. factum], CONSUBSTANTIAL [Gr. homoousion, Lat. unius substantiae (quod Graeci dicunt homousion)] with the Father, through whom all things came to be, both those in heaven and those in earth; for us humans and for our salvation he came down and became incarnate, became human, suffered and rose up on the third day, went up into the heavens, is coming to judge the living and the dead. And in the holy Spirit.

• heathen
    heathen

My belief is that jesus was given a possition of higher stature than when he was first created and did not start out as God per say but to call him God today would not be blaspheme since nobody corrected thomas for using the term "my lord and my God" in the gospel account . The holy spirit is not even identified as being a diety but rather a super natural force of some kind . IMO but I'd rather not get into a debate over the trinity or unity or whatever the hell anyway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit