Stoning to death - God's loving provision

by Pleasuredome 13 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

its been a few years since i heard the bs spoken from the platform. i recall the WTS trying to gloss over the stoning punishment, saying that it would only have taken a few stones to kill or knock unconcious someone or something like that. what were the excuses given to you for such an appalling inhuman punishment?

if for those who not quite sure how bad stoning to death is, do a search on google for stoning and you will find a video showing the punishment against 2 people in an islamic country. watch the video and see how it fits in with how loving Jehovah really is.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Here`s a video of stoning:

http://dollehond.nl/movie/steniging.htm

and here:

http://www.apostatesofislam.com/media/stoning.htm

Whenever I was disobedient as a kid, my mother and grandmother used to say that in old Israel, disobedient children were stoned. The sad part is that they actually believed it. They should have seen these videos. Stupid women.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

funny i was just thinking about this the other day...

the parents had to throw the first stone...

i was thinking about the death penalty for certain crimes in countries that still have it...whether you agree with capital punishment or not that would be like asking the parents to throw the switch on the electric chair or administer the injection or pull the lever for the hanging...whatever the crime how many parents could do this...and could they live with themselves after..and what kind of humane society would expect that.

• M.J.
  • jambon1
    jambon1

The video that was posted last week really shocked me.

I think a great many JW`s go along with a lot without thinking about how it may effect them in real life.

Its ok to agree with gods 'loving' provision of shunning, but what about when you have to carry it out. I pesonally never had to do this to a relative but even the thought of having to do it in the future made me begin to have serious doubts about everything JW.

How a parent can ever do this for everyday 'sin/weakness' is beyond me.

Shame on them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That is a savage punishment in a body of law that was, generally, civilised for its times.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I saw that video that was posted above. I could not wach but it was interesting to skim through the website. Funny, how Islam is taught as a religion of peace but they practice stoning-then again so did the Israelites.

Its all so confusing. Maybe atheists are on to something!

• anewme
    anewme

I feel really bad about my involvement with the JWs and how much I just blindly accepted.
    I really just went along with so much without questioning or thinking too deeply about it.
    Now I am more aware and sensitive to the horrors of fundamentalism's zeal and thirst for blood and condemnation.

I have often wondered why the JWs feel the passage about Jesus and the woman about to be stoned in John 8 is not a true account? Why do they include it in their Bibles but give it no respect?

It certainly goes along with Jesus' behavior in other accounts when in the company of tax collectors and prostitutes and other sinners. He was not condemning but inspiring to them.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Loool @ MJ. That was a really funny website.

I have often wondered why the JWs feel the passage about Jesus and the woman about to be stoned in John 8 is not a true account? Why do they include it in their Bibles but give it no respect?

They don`t? I have never heard this before. Anyone else here also heard this?

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I wouldn't have a problem stoning a rapist, child molester or a murderer.

Where's a brick?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit