I served under Knorr at Bethel and what Samuel Johnson said applies...

by Boxed elder bugs 11 Replies latest jw experiences

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

I served under Nathan Knorr at Bethel during the seventies and what the writer Samuel Johnson said applies to him, "he is not only dull, he is the cause of dullness in others."

The only time he wasn't a dull montone voice on the Bethel t.v. was when he was berating some 'new boy' for some minor transgression. Then he went from somebody who sounded like Floyd the barber on the old Andy Griffith show to sounding like Captain Bligh about to make somebody walk the plank.

I wish I could reserrect Knorr for just a few minutes and kick him right in the butt.

Sorry, thats the only violent thought I have besides pulling Jehovah's beard.

• kls
    kls

He has a beard ? You have seen him?

Hi and welcome ,,I am smartass

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Sorry, Jehovah cant have a beard, its against company policy.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    I served under Nathan Knorr at Bethel during the seventies and what the writer Samuel Johnson said applies to him, "he is not only dull, he is the cause of dullness in others."

The only time he wasn't a dull montone voice on the Bethel t.v. was when he was berating some 'new boy' for some minor transgression. Then he went from somebody who sounded like Floyd the barber on the old Andy Griffith show to sounding like Captain Bligh about to make somebody walk the plank.

I wish I could reserrect Knorr for just a few minutes and kick him right in the butt.

That whole post made me laugh out loud. thanks for that.

• VM44
    VM44

"...when he was berating some 'new boy' for some minor transgression. "

What is it with this public reproof (trimmings) at Bethel?

Rutherford did it, and Knorr kept the tradition going. I don't know if Fred Franz also indulged in it as well.

Why is it done? Is it really necessary? What happen to taking a person aside and giving council in private?

--VM44

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    What is it with this public reproof (trimmings) at Bethel?

Rutherford did it, and Knorr kept the tradition going. I don't know if Fred Franz also indulged in it as well.

It's alive and well in today's branches too!

Public lambs become private tigers.

• mann377
    mann377

To heck with kicking him in the ass. Have him give his "new boy talk" so I can record it and play it in the congergation. NO MORE DULL MEETINGS! When I was there ('70's) I remember the someone left there bicycle in the 119 lobby and Knorr went wacko for an hour. I wish I had a recording of it all.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I too am still in shock regarding the beard of Jehovah! Welcome to the forum.

• carla
    carla

Welcome! You can borrow my jw husband as a replacement for Knorr if you like.

• greendawn
    greendawn

This shows how spiritual the FDS was, that was a very meek Christian personality! I like it when ppl that knew them personally expose their real personalities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit