What do you call people who adopt other opinions without researching them?

by DavidChristopher 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi David...the person who just accepted without research..is gullible, and not real honest in their heart or like Snoozy said...a follower

The other is like the Bereons...checking everything carefully, the opposite of the above.

• jeanniebeanz
  • poppers
    poppers

I'd call them "sleepwalkers". They are walking around but never really cognizant of what's going on.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

How do we wake them up?

• rebel8
    rebel8
    I am looking for a term or new word to describe: A person who adopts another's researched opinion..without investigating it for themselves?

LAZY! I believe laziness is the most common reason ppl don't check into things for themselves. It is an extremely common phenomenon among all types of ppl, not just dubs.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I cannot post a new topic for 14 hours...can someone help a little brother out?

I want to move to change the word "religon" to "opinion". I think it puts things in a more clear way, and gives a better understanding of the concept.

Can someone post this as a topic for me please?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    LAZY! I believe laziness is the most common reason ppl don't check into things for themselves. It is an extremely common phenomenon among all types of ppl, not just dubs.

I don't have time, Reb'! Honest!

OOooo, I gotta run. "House" is coming on.... ;-)

Dave of the "too lazy to draw his hand back from the bowl" class

• beksbks
    beksbks

Umm sorry, totally off this subject. When does House come on? I have seen it once and liked it.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Umm sorry, totally off this subject. When does House come on? I have seen it once and liked it.

They just moved it to Tuesday's at 9pm EST. You can visit http://tvguide.com and search for shows by name, it'll show you when they're playing.

House is a moving target, and it's appearing formulaic. Weird medical problem, House's first test fails, his helpers have a better idea that fails, finally he's working on one patient (usually something piddly) when a word he says or hears triggers "the answer". Sure enough, that's it, and it's a combination of everyone's ideas from the beginning.

I loved that formula for one show, but I hope they invent a new one. *cross fingers* (oops: posted from Gina's computer! [Nobody tell on me, 'k?])

Dave

• *Heather*
    *Heather*

i dont think that either of you are wrong about bad associations. however, i do think they are wrong for forcing their opinion(s) upon you. i don't know what the terms should be for what you are looking for.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit