If we eliminated greed

by joelbear 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

I wonder what the cultural costume of Los Angeles would be? Probably something I couldn't afford.

Greed can sometimes be a subjective term. Within the past few weeks I have been called greedy by a friend because I wouldn't take my unemployed friend to dinner. Here's why I refused:

My friend was friend from his job for mouthing off to his boss and has been unemployed for four months. During this time he hasn't filled out any job applications. He was offered a job by his old employers competitor but refused because the uniform has a white coat and he says he doesn't wear white. A mutual friend of ours makes $20/hr logging tapes for MTV and said she could get him a job there, he said that logging tapes is menial and boring. I would have gladly taken him to dinner if he was just getting back on his feet or at least was making an effort. I guess I'm just greedy.

• daystar
    daystar

Bstndance

I guess I'm just greedy.

Not at all. It's called tough love.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey clam flies won't be a problem because everything will be back in its place. Let's not forget everythings outta balance .. before the flood cats didn't have fangs or claws, spiders didn't have venom and there wasn't so much bullshit around for flies to breed up on .. we'll be perfect our shit won't stink and raw vegies don't attract flies

Funny how every JW has his own vision of paradise - some think they're gonna inherit their neighbours property, some think they'll move to Fiji and others even think they'll go on to populate other planets. Never met one who thought that a Brooklyn controlled earth might mean five meetings a week, real field service and endless kingdom melodies playing through speakers in the trees .

• Clam
    Clam

Bruce it's a chilling thought is paradise on earth.

I wonder if they'll have a yearly Armageddon Day, to celebrate the day that 6 billion people were wasted? I also wonder what magazines they'll have, eg The Paradiser, New Order Bulletin, or Lion Keepers Quarterly. . . .

• slugga
    slugga
    Funny how every JW has his own vision of paradise - some think they're gonna inherit their neighbours property, some think they'll move to Fiji and others even think they'll go on to populate other planets.

I used to think about this, I figured I'd get shafted and end up somewhere cold and wet like the outer Hebrides

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit