If we eliminated greed

by joelbear 14 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

like 95% of the world's problems would begin to fade immediately.

can you really give enough when others have nothing?

what is your favorite charity?

mine is St. Jude's Children's Hospital

• slugga
    slugga

Well what does the St Jude hospital do?

St Jude is the patron saint of lost causes. Doesn't sound very positive.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

But Joel, if we eliminated greed the planet might cease to function. Greed is the motivator that drives the planets economy. If everybody decided to bundy on just 3 days a week .. if people stopped buying all the shiney new products on offer .. if people suddenly stopped believing in the rewards of obeying a sky GOD... ...if we all ate small portions of raw fruit 3 times a day .. if we all gave donald trump the bird ..and went arround naked...
    if all those city people woke up and came to live in the country ..

.. if I had to stop collecting antiques to buff 'n shine.. no never! keep your sanctimonious world of belt tightening austerity!

---

My favorite charities - Wildlife Information and Rescue Service.

ORCA

Greenpeace

• Clam
    Clam

A world without greed would look like this :

Could be risky. Yes the humanoids look happy but look at that poor lion. He's having to play with a beach ball, but is he thinking " I could murder an antelope right now" ???

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL @ Clam .. I recon Leo wants lamb

..and I wanna be a Mexican! If the New Order means wearing your national costume forever and ever and ever and ever I want something better than a blue singlet and a tight pair of shorts.

• slugga
    slugga

Some poor sods gotta sit working in a beach ball factory knocking out beach balls for lions that keep ripping them to shreds with their claws.

Unless jehovah's gonna supply beach balls 4 lions.

• slugga
    slugga
    and I wanna be a Mexican! If the New Order means wearing your national costume forever and ever and ever and ever I want something better than a blue singlet and a tight pair of shorts.

You think your national costumes bad, try living forever in a kilt with no knickers on, I wouldn't make it through the first week of the New system without sitting down with my legs uncrossed and stumbling some dear old sister and ending up getting stoned for it

lol And does this mean americans will have to dress like cowboys? and will this new light mean that joel will be going back to the org in order to make it through to the NS lol

• greendawn
    greendawn

That would be very positive and in fact that is what the gospel was all about, when the two Zebedee apostles got their mother to demand the top kingdom positions for themselves from Jesus, he told them if you want to be high up you better be humble servants, no margins for greed.

• Clam
    Clam

LOL @ eternal national costume wearing.

Bruce along with the ball crunching shorts and VB tee shirt, you'd also have the bush hat with corks hanging from it. Or would you? Would irritating flies exist in a perfect world??

• daystar
    daystar
    If we eliminated greed

About as likely as eliminating love, or laughter, or happiness.

I certainly believe that greed can be very negative, but it depends upon what a person is greedy for. On it's own, greed does not have to be a bad thing necessarily. Is greed for knowledge bad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit