Watchtower admits JW's teach a different gospel

by yaddayadda 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Feb 1, 2006 Watchtower, page 25, para 14:

"That issue of The Watch Tower further stated: "in 1920,...Bible Students came to a correct understanding of our Lord's prophecy contained in Matthew 24:14. They then realized that 'this gospel' which was to be preached in all the world for a testimony to the Gentiles or all nations, was not a gospel of a kingdom yet to come but a gospel to the effect that the Messianic King has begun his reign over the earth."

[emphasis mine]

Yes, they teach a 'gospel' that the 'Messianic King' has been reigning over earth (of which Satan is still the God and the ruler) since 1914, yet the 1000 year reign of Christ has YET TO BEGIN!

Nowhere in the bible is 1914 mentioned or even indicated. A little research reveals the chronology and reasoning JW's use to perpetuate this pecular creed is fundamentally flawed.

Clearly, in this respect JW's are teaching a different 'gospel' than what was taught by the apostles and accepted by the disciples. It is a gospel beyond what was taught by the apostles. What does the bible counsel about such types of 'good news' (gospel):

Galatians 1:7-8 "However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declared to you as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to you as good news something beyond waht you accepted, let him be accursed."

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hi, Yaddayadda, I have not yet been able to get a copy of the Feb 1 WT but it is interesting to note that this is the SECOND time they have made this admission.

Unfortunately I don't have the mag with me now, because I got rid of all my WTS literature when I left the cult in ' 84, [something that I badly regret, btw] but according to my notes they made a similar statement back in May 1st 1981 pg 17. This is what I wrote down: "According to the GB, they admit to ' teaching a new gospel since 1918, a gospel not taught in centuries past ' I am not sure whether the writer of that article was aware of the theological significance of referring to the WT gospel as "New" because he would then know that he was putting all subsequent WT articles under the curse of Gal 1:8,9"

From memory I feel pretty certain that they actually had the word "new" in that article. If any of our gang has that magazine maybe they could look up the quote and verify

Cheers

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Thanks this is a keeper thread,yes by their own admission (an apostate Watchtower gospel)and i have heard the same verbally in many talks over 30 plus years. Their gospel-"That Jesus Christ has had his second coming and is now reigning as enthroned king in 1914,we must now ADVERTISE,ADVERTISE,ADVERTISE the king and his kingdom" Gal1:8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned! The Watchtower is a (deathly) false Gospel of gobbledygook May God bring justice on your blasphemous souls!-Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Hi Moggy Lover. Here is a paragraph from that 1st May 1981 article you mentioned that appears to be what you are referring to:

*** w81 5/1 17-18 If God Has an Organization, What Is It? *** 3 Let the honest-hearted person compare the kind of preaching of the gospel of the Kingdom done by the religious systems of Christendom during all the centuries with that done by Jehovah’s Witnesses since the end of World War I in 1918. They are not one and the same kind. That of Jehovah’s Witnesses is really “gospel,” or “good news,” as of God’s heavenly kingdom that was established by the enthronement of his Son Jesus Christ at the end of the Gentile Times in 1914. (Luke 21:24) The worldwide witness given to this effect under the barrage of international persecution and opposition could have been given only by means of God’s all-conquering spirit. It was accomplished neither by the spirit of man nor by that of Satan the Devil. It was done with the help of God’s holy angels, as is indicated in Revelation 14:6, 7:

• Honesty
    Honesty

I always had a problem with the WT Good News but was afraid to ask why it was so different than the Good News that I had read in the bible.

Now I know what Jesus meant when He said,

"The Truth Shall Set You Free"

• VM44
    VM44

Oh, the irony of it all.

The JWs are following the apostate doctrines of The Watchtower, and they don't even know it!

Walter Martin said once that "with Bibles in their hands, the JWs are perishing!"

Now the Watchtower confirms what Dr Martin said.

Thanks for posting this yadda.

--VM44

• greendawn
    greendawn

Anyone that objectively observes the JWs can see they are not normal at all, it may be that curse operating upon them, some of their ideas are very wayward eg not being part of the new covenent save a very few dubs.

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

the wt was still teaching in 1920. that jesus returned to run his kingdom, in 1874 and or 1878 so the whole paragraph is based in a lie that the wt was teaching 1914 as the return of christ in the 1920s'

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

good info! Thanks!

• clarity
    clarity

Fabulous information from YaddaYadda, Danny & friends from 4yrs ago,

Are you not yet sure 100%, that the watchtower society is wrong?

2 Corinthians 11:3-4 ,,"if someone comes and preaches a Jesus other than the one we preached, or you recieve a spirit other than what you received, or good news other than what you accepted, you easily put up with him."

Also, JW's preach another Jesus, that He is Michael the ArchAngel!

"There is no salvation in anyone else, for there is not another name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must get saved."(Jesus) Acts4:12.

Yet the Watchtower magazine increasingly preaches death unless we follow the Governing Body! Instead of Jesus only, it would look like this.......

Jesus +Joe+Nathan+Freddy+Dan+George+John+Lloyd+Grant+Teddy+Milton+Albert+

etc etc

Your additions welcome

c

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit