Armageddon might be for real

by tsunami_rid3r 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hello there....Armaggeddon...is associated with lies coming out of the governments, says in Rev. 16:13 "dragon (satan), wild beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet". "3 unclean expressions like frogs."

Then in verse 15......"Look, I'm coming as a thief." (Then Jesus steps up to the governments and battles.)

Rev. 17:13 "These have one thought, (to keep their power) ..............vs. 14 "These will battle with the Lamb, but because he is Lord of lords and King of kings, the Lamb will conquer them. Also, those called and chosed and faithful with him will do so, also."

These lies coming from the government and the lamb's battle divides people as in Rev. 16:19 ,,, "And the great city split into 3 parts......."

I don't see that the war of Armaggeddon is a time of destroying people like it's commonly thought of...and the unclean expressions are sure coming out of this regime.

It's more like the time of cleaning up the corrupt government....at least that's my take.

• daystar
    daystar

Sure, eventually the sun will go supernova and the entire solar system will go poof! But before that happens, it is likely that the earth will die and be reborn a number of times, just as has happened in the past.

The mistake is in believing that our puny thoughts and actions, have any real influence upon this, or in much of a way predict whether we will, individually, survive such a earth-wide cataclysm. It would be a crap-shoot.

But some people hold the possibility of an Armageddon over the heads of people as a threat to enforce compliance.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

The only "armeggedon" will be of our own making through greed and desecration of the world's resources. Stands to reason as we run out of those resources and the world warms there will more and more natural disasters and of course that will result in other things.. Sort of a self-fulfilling prophesy really. Its pretty amazing to me that people believe the bible with its tales of eternal salvation or damnation somewhere other than the earth and even the witnoids believe that the earth will be ruined before its "rebuilt", so it therefore doesn't matter what we do to the earth because its going to be destroyed anyway. So lets use it up, lets litter, lets raze the forests and kill of any specie that gets in the way of the next strip-mall or development, won't matter, right?

Thing is, there isn't anywhere else but here, and no all powerful being is going to come get us out of whatever mess we make for ourselves. Hasn't happend yet and won't happen.

Sherry

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Sure the worlds going to end, just like everything else. Better start going out in service so we can be "sealed". As for me, I'm going to keep on living. I don't think I have enough power to change the future of the cosmos.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit