3-15-06 WT "Keep Clear of False Worship!"

by Bonnie_Clyde 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

The whole article condemns all other religions in no uncertain terms--using such terms as "a drunken prostitute", "prostituted herself by forming alliances with one political power after another." Paragraph 9: "That Jehovah hates false worship is clearly seen from what happens to Babylon the Great. Revelation 17:16 states: 'The ten horns...will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire.' 'First a huge beast mauls her to death and eats up her fleshy parts. Then, whatever remains of her is completely burned. Correspondingly, soon the world governments will take such action against false religion.'

However, we are not supposed to let the adherent of "false religion" know how we are supposed to feel. Paragraph 17: "We certainly do not use derogatory terms to describe people of other religions."

• Honesty
    Honesty

It appears that I will be going back to a kingdumb Hall after all. One that is in a nearby state where I'm just another walking zombie until... I make a comment about the Watchtower's UN affiliation.

• Highlander
    Highlander

Nice,, Are you really going to visit a hall and 'inform' them of the UN involvement? That's a great idea, I'd love to see the look on the conductor's face.

• gumby
    gumby

Now I'm confused. Is the governments going to burn down and incinerate all the church buildings......or is Jehovah gonna burn em dowm at armageddon? All the pic I've seen shows Jehovah destroying them with fire and lightning. If the government is going to eat her up and destroy her.......why does Jehovah need to waste his flamethrowin gas and lightning on vacant church buildings?

Gumby

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Gumby

You're way too perceptive for your own good. Have you ever thought of serving at Bethel? I think they're looking for a watchdog that can help them look less stupid. lol

INQ

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

I seriously doubt that 'Babylon the Great' = false religion...

Babylon was a world power not religions.....

• John Doe
    John Doe

The phrase "false worship" has always annoyed me, even as a JW. I mean, are “false worshipers” not really worshipping? That doesn’t make any sense. The only other interpretation would they are worshiping falsehood. Again, that makes no sense. It’s simply and emotionally loaded, yet simultaneously empty phrase. It’s like saying “We’re spreading freedom around the world.” Come on!! How silly can you get? It’s a completely empty phrase. I’ll admit they’re spreading something, but it sure as hell ain’t freedom. ;-)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Paragraph 17: "We certainly do not use derogatory terms to describe people of other religions."

(1 Kings 18:25-29) . . .E·li´jah now said to the prophets of Ba´al: "Choose for yourselves one young bull and dress it first, because YOU are the majority; and call upon the name of YOUR god, but YOU must not put fire to it." 26

Accordingly they took the young bull that he gave them. Then they dressed it, and they kept calling upon the name of Ba´al from morning till noon, saying: "O Ba´al, answer us!" But there was no voice, and there was no one answering. And they kept limping around the altar that they had made. 27 And it came about at noon that E·li´jah began to mock them and say: "Call at the top of YOUR voice, for he is a god; for he must be concerned with a matter, and he has excrement and has to go to the privy. Or maybe he is asleep and ought to wake up!" 28 And they began calling at the top of their voice and cutting themselves according to their custom with daggers and with lances, until they caused blood to flow out upon them. 29 And it came about that, as soon as noon was past and they continued behaving as prophets until the going up of the grain offering, there was no voice, and there was no one answering, and there was no paying of attention.

Translation: Maybe your god is too busy with something else... or maybe he's taking a shit right now.... or maybe he's asleep.

Yup... "We certainly do not use derogatory terms to describe people of other religions."

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

With those clea n shave n faces, spa n ky clothes, the fetish for stuff, a n d of course the n ew improved caucasio n jehovah god culture, it's n ot hard to see who the b a b ylo n ia n s are.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Out of their own mouths shall they be judged.
    Forscher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit