"Due to my stong personal convictions, I wish to stress"

by LDH 15 Replies latest jw friends

• LDH
    LDH

Can anyone finish this sentence and tell when / where it made it's appearance?

• trevor
    trevor

"Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress - I never had sex with that woman."

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"...I cannot accept blood transfusion or any treatment requiring the use of blood."

"...I cannot salute the flag because I believe that would be an act of worship."

"...I cannot publicly disagree with anything the Governing Body says."

Were any of these close?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Due to my stong personal convictions, I wish to stress.... zzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZzzzzzzzz

• glitter
    glitter

The disclaimer at the beginning of "Thriller"?

• LDH
    LDH

"Due to my stong personal convictions, I wish to stress that this film in no way endorses a belief in the occult."

Glitter you got it right.

Last night my daughter and I spent hours dancing our fool heads off and watching videos from the 80's. I swear to god I had forgotten about this until we downloaded and watched it.

I tried to describe to her that this disclaimer was added AFTER the video was produced, because of the uproar that this caused at the Headquarters of the WBTS. She was shocked that the JW religion could exercise so much influence over an artist who was clearly a master of the art of music videos.

Didn't the disclaimer also appear in the AFake! ot Witchpower magazine?

(PS you can download it on LimeWire)

• LDH
    LDH

ps for you young farts, I meant to add the disclaimer was made at the beginning of the Thriller video by Michael Jackson. It was added after the fact.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    the AFake!

Hahaha!!! I love this! Am I really unobservant - has this been around for a while or did you make it up?

GGG

• LDH
    LDH

Heck no, I ain't that smart!

Although I did recognize the not so subtle tribute to Thriller in the Gorillaz' Clint Eastwood video

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

I think Michael Jackson should proclaim a bit more about him being (well, having been) a Wishwasher. Hes a real good advertisement for the religion!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit