'Other Sheep'

by Honesty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

During my 8 years as a JW active and inactive, I never heard a JW praise or thank Jesus it's all about jehovah. Never did they say, with Christ's help, we are Christ's people or church, Christ is our Lord, may Christ's peace be upon you etc

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Greendawn....I was thinking you may be right about eventually we will enjoy the best of both worlds as when Jesus was ressurrected for the 40 day period, he was both a spirit and fleshly man...Is that what you meant????

• peacefulpete
  • A Paduan
    A Paduan
    Phil 3:18-20 For I have often told you, and now say again with tears, that many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction; their god is their stomach; their glory is in their shame. They are focused on earthly things, but our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

Think jw and you'll see the picture

• their end (goal) is actually to kill off their own spirit and imprison their own soul
    • their god is their stomach (literally understanding Moses law - eg blood)
    • what they consider glory is what we consider shameful (end of the world scenario)
    • they are focused o earthly things (say no more)

I suppose there are two "classes" - j ust not the two that the wtbts talks about

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Phil 3:18-20 For I have often told you, and now say again with tears, that many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction; their god is their stomach; their glory is in their shame. They are focused on earthly things, but our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

How much more can this clearly be evangelized? This clearly means that there will be those whose earthly focus will be on material gains, and they are not focused on their rich blessings with Christ in heaven, and they will be focused on material wealth and gain, instead of their relationship with God. It's pretty clear..

CG

• Honesty
    Honesty
    This clearly means that there will be those whose earthly focus will be on material gains, and they are not focused on their rich blessings with Christ in heaven, and they will be focused on material wealth and gain, instead of their relationship with God. It's pretty clear.. CG

You have just described every Jehovah's Witness that I have ever known.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda
    The New System is foremost on their minds and hearts. Love for Christ is hardly ever mentioned in any JW circle of discussion.

Sad but true.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit