'Other Sheep'

by Honesty 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

Do you feel that the Watchtower has a few things 'right' about their two 'classes' of people, 'annointed' and 'other sheep' ?

If so, what does this scripture mean to you?

Phil 3:18-20 For I have often told you, and now say again with tears, that many live as enemies of the cross of Christ. Their end is destruction; their god is their stomach; their glory is in their shame. They are focused on earthly things, but our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I personally think they are correct. I for one, have no desire to go to heaven. If I could live forever , I would choose earth. This is where all things I enjoy are

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

The scripture you pointed out is only talking about the ones fit for destruction and the ones fit for life...

I do believe that both classes heavenly and earthly will be on earth. But the heavenly ones are closer to God anointed with holy spirit.. That's why they are heavenly. I don't think it's because they are going up in the sky.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

There`s no such thing as two classes. The "144ooo" are just the jews (but not a literal number), the "great crowd" are the gentiles. They both end up in heaven, bowing before the throne of God, the lamb etc. Revelation isn`t so difficult when read with a good Bible commentary instead of the Watchtower...

• greendawn
    greendawn

The FDS are just as described in that letter they are self serving and earth, materially centred though they claim to be spirit centred. Their actions are anything but spiritual because they lie, exploit, deceive, do no charity work, are unreasonable in their behaviour, and lust for power.

But eventually all loyal humans will be able to enjoy the best that both worlds have to offer, the earth and the heavens.

• ezra
    ezra

in that scripture they being focused on earthly things means not being focused on spiritual things,are you disfellowshipped have you had experience with the truth at all.if you have a question ,i can help you ,its impostant that if you have something against witnesses then it would be important to know what they know from the scriptures,your comment did not make sense,you can message me ,i get tired of going through the threads for responses

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

ezra

in that scripture they being focused on earthly things means not being focused on spiritual things,are you disfellowshipped have you had experience with the truth at all

I both disagree and agree with you on the exact passage in question here. Yes, it is about earthly vs. spiritual things, but on the other hand, the "spiritual goal" of the JWs is primarily to make it into the new system (which really is a selfish, material, earthly goal), not for the sake of love for Christ and a life in Christ, for itself! That is, unconditional love for Christ as the motivation, as opposed to the JW-version, conditional love for Jehovah for selfish purposes (eternal life). The whole "spirituality" of every JW I ever met was centered around this, to make it into the new system. And everything they did, they did to make it. It was never done out of love (after all, dropping of magazines at doors doesn`t take much effort in terms of Love), but as "work" with a future payment in view. And hence, they are focused on earhtly, material things.

its impostant that if you have something against witnesses then it would be important to know what they know from the scriptures
    Almost everyone on this board are ex-JWs, and know this religion very, very (all to) well. I would have thought you had figured that out by now.
  • Honesty
    Honesty
    Yes, it is about earthly vs. spiritual things, but on the other hand, the "spiritual goal" of the JWs is primarily to make it into the new system (which really is a selfish, material, earthly goal), not for the sake of love for Christ and a life in Christ, for itself! That is, unconditional love for Christ as the motivation, as opposed to the JW-version, conditional love for Jehovah for selfish purposes (eternal life). The whole "spirituality" of every JW I ever met was centered around this, to make it into the new system. And everything they did, they did to make it. It was never done out of love (after all, dropping of magazines at doors doesn`t take much effort in terms of Love), but as "work" with a future payment in view. And hence, they are focused on earhtly, material things.

Hellrider, that is the point. Jw's have no concept of anything unless it is something they can see with their own eyes. Case in point, the visible organization that is revered and displayed to their physical senses in the Watchtower articles and then there's the big carrot they've been pursuing for over 70 years - the earthly paradise.

The New System is foremost on their minds and hearts. Love for Christ is hardly ever mentioned in any JW circle of discussion.

• ferret
    ferret

I believe in two classes the sheep and the goats, but not a heavenly or earthly class.

• gumby
    gumby
    Hellrider, that is the point. Jw's have no concept of anything unless it is something they can see with their own eyes

And I was under the impression they spiritualised just about everything ...ie; Jesus presence since 1914, sprititual release from babylon in 1918, spiritual cleansing in 1919...etc., etc.

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit