Using new doctrine to enforce NEW Watchtower policy.

by hubert 16 Replies latest jw friends

• hubert
    hubert

The Watchtower uses Bible verses to enforce their shunning policy so that the rank and file won't talk to ex-j.w.'s and therefore find out why they left the org.

Also, they use verses to stop the rank and file from looking at "apostate" literature and research the Watchtower policies.

My question.... What are some of the doctrine that could be used to enforce "new" Watchtower policies?

Policies that SHOULD be in place, but are not?

Thanks,

Hubert

• KW13
    KW13

If i have got your question wrong i am sorry...

If they add anything now or change any rules it'll be the same old way, they will shout 'new light' OR twist a scripture really badly till it suits them

• blindersoff
    blindersoff

I think they are more and more conditioning the r/f that scripture is not necessary. Just obey the FD master slave.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I agree with blindersoff, hubert. This idea is reinforced in weekly "Serve-us" meetings around the world.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• hubert
    hubert

Thanks, guys, but what I am looking for (I thnk) :) is.....

If I was to argue with a J.W. about let's say, ...celebrating birthdays, they would most likely quote the scripture about not celebrating it because John the Baptist got his head cut off by queen "something or other" for a birthday present.

OR, the scripture about "pouring blood onto the ground and not "drinking " it, to support the "no blood" doctrine.

In this concept, what scriptures could they use for what kind of new light?

Could you make up any new light doctrine that you could scriptually "back up"?

Maybe this will clarify what I mean better.

Thanks.....Hubert

• minimus
    minimus

Hubert, I still have no idea of what the hell you're talking about.

• JH
    JH

Hubert wants new light backed by the bible, JW style

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Yes. They have already proven they have the capacity to alter doctrine on the flimsiest of Scripture fragment and the congregants gulp it down greedily, despite the poison-laced nature of the waters they consume.

For instance, elders require confessions based on a Scripture directed toward those who are actively and willingly seeking the help of older men.

James 5:13-15—Is there anyone suffering evil among YOU? Let him carry on prayer. Is there anyone in good spirits? Let him sing psalms. 14 Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him.

If it is not a Scriptural requirement for those suffering evil to carry on prayer and it is not a Scriptural requirement for those in good spirits to sing psalms, then how can the last one in the EXACT same context be a Scriptural requirement?

Another glaring example is the identity of the Faithful and Discreet Slave. From the context surrounding Matthew 24:45-47 it seems pretty clear that anyone can prove to be either wise (discreet) or foolish, good or bad, kind and loving or callous and hateful. From 24:45-25:46, Matthew records Jesus making this point in four different ways.

But not in this organization! Jehovah's Witnesses have to make it mean something prophetical and mysterious that only they can understand. More than one thing, for that matter. (1) At this organization's founding it was a single person, the FDS was Charles Taze Russell (who still plagues the JWs from beyond the grave ). (2) Then it became the Society—which was never directly defined in the early years but was distinctly referred to alongside the association of brothers that comprised the Bible Students, meaning that it was something other than the entire association no matter what it was. (3) Then it became everyone who partook. (4) Then it became everyone who didn't lie about being anointed when they partook (how can anyone else tell for sure?).

Currently, the only portion of the Faithful and Discreet Slave that is readily identifiable per doctrine is the Governing Body, who claim to be authorized representatives of the rest of the FDS. Only, the FDS never authorized these men to represent them. The Governing Body is descendant from a usurpation of Corporate control from those Russell left in charge. The original Governing Body was the Corporate leadership, not those who were appointed by the FDS to represent them and certainly nothing to do with holy spirit.

For all practical purposes, the average believing JW has to accept the word of men they have never met that they are the chosen elect who are meant to lead mankind to salvation, the tool that Jesus is using in modern times. And they accept on the basis of three verses that have been interpreted four distinctly different ways within 100 years.

It is no problem to manipulate the mush-minds they have created. The barest excuse of a Scripture will do.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• hubert
    hubert
    Hubert, I still have no idea of what the hell you're talking about.

Ha, Ha, Minimus !

Sometimes I have a hard time putting words down the right way, to mean what I want it to mean. (duh)

With that said, jh and auldsole are on the right track.

The fds example is a good case. However, I wonder if there are MORE bible verses that could be used to "make" and "prove scriptually", according to W.T. thinking, that could support new doctrine that the Watchtower WOULD WANT TO MAKE UP, if they decided to.

Like, suppose the W.T. wanted the rank and file to not celebrate "April Fools" day, for example.

What scripture could they dig up to support this "new" doctrine?

Because, I am thinking that we could use that type of thinking to exwitness to jdubs.

Example..."How come you use this scripture to support this view, ei: fds, but don't use that scripture, to support that view"? ie: Ground hog day. Am I making sense yet? (My last shot at it) LOL !

Hubert

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I'll take a stab at it, Hubert...

Opening an old Examining the Scriptures Daily, I discovered the next new light: All male JWs who are married to non-JW women must divorce them forthwith a la Ezra chapter 10 and send them and their children by them away.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit