littérateurs unite

by Calliope 29 Replies latest social relationships

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Glad I could contribute, I have disparate interests and books on most of them.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Crime and punishment - Dostoyevski, one of the most famous novels in world literature.

• Calliope
    Calliope

the double is my fav Dostoyevski book.

about oprah. i wholeheartedly agree. I CAN'T STAND HER. sorry for yelling. i don't understand how she made it, she is one of the worst interviewers i've ever been made to watch.

but i'm reading james frey's book, cause i wrote a near similar one and i think he plagarized from me... well, he could've if i had had mine published.

but, i'm glad i almost had you infamous (wink / nudge).

calliopé

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Diary by Chuck Palahniuck (title sounds interesting, and Fight Club was on my top 20 list, but the review i read stated "it's starting to feel like Chuck Palahniuk is trying too hard.")

The thing is, well, let's see... how about Haunted, the latest one by him that's out right now. That one to me is his most bizzare book right now, 25 short stories compiled into one book. You gotta read it!Very detailed, very strange.

A cool distraction from the outside world.

jojochan.

• jojochan
    jojochan

About Diary though is... the ride getting there is great, but the destination sux.

You get my point?

enjoy.

jojochan.

• Calliope
    Calliope

oooh, haunted sounds perfect for a short-attention span like mine!!

calliopé

• jojochan
    jojochan

LOL! Go for it, you won't be dissapointed.

jojochan.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I rarely read fiction anymore, as I'm busy writing it (haven't been published yet, although my online writer's groups seem to like it).

Currently I'm reading "The Great Mortality" by John Kelly about the black death in 14th Century Europe. It is very interesting, and shows up some of the WTBS foolishness about how bad the current times are. I'm also reading "US Battleships, a Design History" by Norman Freidman. You have to be a history nut to like that kind of thing, but it is research for my fiction projects.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Finding Faith by Brian McLaren

• M.J.
    M.J.

unfortunately due to my situation I don't have the leisure time for reading fiction.

Currently I'm tackling Life After Death : A History of the Afterlife in Western Religion by Alan F. Segal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit