WT Secret Document admits that only Elders and MS's are Ordained

by Elsewhere 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The original document was encrypted in order to prevent anyone from being able to copy and paste the text from it. I just now finished cracking that encryption so everyone can now copy and paste from the document... this will make it much more easy to post about content you find interesting.

Download the file again and give it a try!

Oh, and to boot, I changed the encryption password to something I like better... I wonder if the WTS will be able to guess it.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    Sister may be found to be especially talented in writing articles of interest to women. However, they should not be used to prepare articles that are basically an exposition of Scripture.

GGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

oo the sister being hit by the bus and sued must have inspired this paragraph.. the next was tlking about taxes and how each branch should be careful how they handle it in case they cause trouble for other branches..

this was on page .....4 of the 1st chapter i think

alt

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

OMG! What a treasure trove of CCoJW crap!

From the FIRST paragraph:

The Governing Body is made up of brothers who are anointed servants of Jehovah God.

How exactly do they know for sure that any individual baptized AFTER 1935 is one of the anointed? The fact is, they don't. I have a feeling this thing is potentially a hell of a lot more damaging than the Pay Attention book.

Will keep you updated with nugget sized chunks of feces as I find them.

AuldSoul

• serendipity
    serendipity

Amazing - there is more space on how to clean Bethel than there is on how to invest or how to set up their processes for proper checks and balances. The potential for abuse of contributions seems high.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

To add one term to shadow's AWESOME list:

"slave" appears only four times. Here they are in context:

1. GOVERNING BODY: The Governing Body is made up of brothers who are anointed servants of Jehovah God. They act as representatives of the “faithful and discreet slave” class which has the responsibility for giving direction and impetus to the Kingdom work. (Matt. 24:45) While the Governing Body delegates certain details or responsibilities to committees made up of its own members, or committees made up of other dedicated servants of God, or to instruments such as corporations and legal agencies, it always takes the lead for the smooth functioning of the organization and the unity of all of God’s people. As the Governing Body, it has the prerogative to use its discretion and look into any matters it deems necessary to examine with regard to the Kingdom work. To oversee various aspects of the work, committees have been established as follows.
    40. Our Master, Jesus Christ, has appointed “the faithful and discreet slave” over all his ‘belongings,’ or Kingdom interests, here on earth. (Matt. 24:45-47; Phil. 2:21) The Governing Body, representing “the faithful and discreet slave,” has delegated a measure of this oversight of the spiritual and material welfare of the “flock of God” to Branch Committees throughout the world. These committees also oversee administrative and legal activities of the organization in their designated territories. Of course, all Branch Committees serve under the spiritual direction of the Governing Body.—See The Watchtower, January 15, 2001, pages 28-31.

There were two occurrences in #40, one to demonstrate the arrangement Christ set out and the other to show how they unabashedly usurped that authority completely. They COME RIGHT OUT AND ADMIT that they decided on a different organizational arrangement than the one Jesus set up! And this one was just added.

Yes, rule by Theodore Jaracz is in full swing. They truly have their Theo-cracy now, if they didn't before. His stamp of approval is on all this tripe.

61. The Branch Committee members should always manifest mildness and respect for one another and for the opinions of others on the committee as well as in the Bethel family. They should show due respect for the principles and policies set down by the Governing Body which are supported by God’s Word, remembering that the “discreet slave” has been appointed by the Master to give the domestics “their food at the proper time.”

Here they EQUATE the "discreet slave" to the Governing Body! OMG! What wanton hubris! I certainly hope Eduardo reads this thing. If nothing else, any who hoped for liberalized reform would be put off that notion by the 2006 updates to this document.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

This is from Chapter 9, Legal Matters

10. LEGAL STATUS: Obtaining legal status or
    registration facilitates our bringing in missionaries,
    arranging for assemblies, importing literature, and
    obtaining tax benefits on property, etc. Give careful
    attention to obtaining and maintaining legal registration.
    Of course, we would never compromise principles of
    pure worship merely to obtain legal status.
    (bold is theirs)

Mexican a la carte, anyone?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

[Jon Stewart's voice] Of course, we would never compromise principles of pure worship merely to obtain legal status[, but a library card...meh, not too concerned about the whole principle thing if there is a UN library card involved.]

• Bryan
    Bryan

Beautiful Job Else....

I'm moving right now and don't have time to read, but excellent job.

Bryan

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

What? Not a word of instruction on what to do when Armageddon or the Great Tribulation comes? How can such a document fail to address a matter that is so urgent and pending?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit