Why no baptism certificates?

by Bumble Bee 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

The Watchtower Society likes to tell its members that ALL JWs are Ordained Ministers, but in reality only Elders and Ministerial Servants can obtain a Certificate of Ordained Minister from the Watchtower Society. Even then one must specifically state the reason the certificate is needed. Bottom line, the Watchtower Society makes it very difficult for any JW to receive such a certificate.

http://www.davidgladden.com/jw/Docs/branch_organization_manual_bo-e.pdf

p. 4-1, paragraph 5

CERTIFICATE FOR ORDANED MINISTER
    Currently appointed elders or ministerial servants in need of a certificate verifying their ordination may request one from the branch. When requesting a certificate, the individual will specifically state the reason the certificate is needed. Often a letter signed by the elders or the presiding overseer of the congregation will suffice to verify one's ordination. If a Certificate of Ordained Minister is sent by the branch, it should be signed by the Branch Committee coordinator or someone else having authority to do so. It may be notarized if advisable. If it is necessary to specify the date of ordination, then show the date of baptism.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Thanks everyone for your replies.

LL - that is what got me thinking - I was shredding old files at work and came across copies of baptism certificates that were used for ID. I thought - hmm - I'm baptized - why no certificate??!! lol

Now I know.

Elsewhere - thanks for that info - they tell each of us when we are baptized that we are now ordained ministers - another lie for the WTS.

BB

• paul2
    paul2

god is your reference

• blondie
    blondie

In the old "Your Word is a Lamp to My Foot" book (a precursor to the Organized books) on page 220 has a page labeled "Record of Christian Baptism."

In the text there ias a place for the date and place of your baptism and ends with your signature, the congregation overseer's signature, name of congregation, and date.

record of Christian baptism: yl 220; km 10/67 4

on>>>>>>>>I was baptized in water. (Matt. 3:13-17; 28:19) I am now an ordained minister of Jehovah God.............
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost
    In the old "Your Word is a Lamp to My Foot" book (a precursor to the Organized books) on page 220 has a page labeled "Record of Christian Baptism."

Dash it! I threw it out with all my Witchtower books!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    god is your reference

But how does one verify a baptism? People can lie you know. Did so-and-so get baptised or not? I know someone who was about to get DFed and he simply denied ever getting baptized. The elders were stumped and had to shut down the judicial committee because they could not find anyone willing to testify that they knew for *sure* that he was in fact baptized. Ironically even the person who baptized him could not remember for sure.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The elders were stumped and had to shut down the judicial committee because they could not find anyone willing to testify that they knew for *sure* that he was in fact baptized.

Neat. I like it!

• rebel8
    rebel8

When I was a pioneer (late 80s), I had a wallet ID card that said I was an ordained JW minister.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Another aspect of the use baptismal certificates is that since they don't give them out there is no record that the person has to prove their baptism into the society.

Hmmmm, isn't the reverse true as well? What record does the society™ have to prove someone is baptised? Perhaps they should be made to first prove that someone is baptised before they can haul them before a JC.

No baptism - no authority.

W

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I got your reason why they don't:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ All that stuff cost money, and it also brings recognition to the person that was baptized. Jehober wants no attention taken off his Borg for any reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit