sick kids

by BlackSwan of Memphis 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Boy, can I relate. I've had one or, at times, all three of my children sick since the begining of January. My poor wife has been caring for sick family memebers for over a month now continually.

• Mary
    Mary
    Took her to the doc the other day to find out she has pneumonia....The doc put her on zithromax and gave her some cough syrup (w/ codeine) to help her rest. This is the daughter w/ the down's. If you can do me a favor and keep her in your prayers, I would really appreciate it.

((((((Megan))))))) So sorry to hear she's that sick. Thank god we live in a day and age where they can treat this...........here's a little suggestion I'd like to pass on: if you don't have a humidifier, take a bath towel, soak it in water, ring it out and put it over an old chair in the babies' room. It'll keep moisture in there. I've had bronchitis 3 times and it really makes a difference.

Here's hoping your little sweetie gets better soon. Please keep us posted. And keep yourself well. Get Well Soon

Mary

(yes, I'll say a prayer for you guys)

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

ugh...sad news..hope she gets better soon...I have said a prayer...I'm beginning to understand more about the power of collective prayer... Love, og

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Hi all. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Mary: thank you thank you for the suggestion. We don’t have a humidifier and I’ve been wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get more moisture in the air.

Darth: 3 weeks before Christmas, my husband had taken off 2 weeks from work so we could enjoy the holidays… we spent the entire time sick. First the kids, then him, then me. Then Christmas night I got sick again. Then the kids got sick again.

Grrr.

K… the dr called a little bit ago to check up on her. Apparently the xrays had showed there is fluid in both lungs. So she was double checking on how she is doing.

I’m off to the store in a bit to pick up a few things. Husband is home from work and taking over for a bit…

Here’s the kicker…

Today is our 10 year anniversary. Lol. Seems like every year on this date either our kids are sick, or we are.

Haha, pretty sad, I keep forgetting about it. More concerned about our daughter.

Thank you guys for the prayers, I really really appreciate them.

meagan

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Meagan and hubby!!!!

HAPPY 10 YEARS!!!

oh my gosh, what a way to spend your anniversary! I just hope you two go out after all the sickness is done with. I'd come and babysit for you but I live to far away! make sure you set some time aside later. love ya girl!

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Ok, well, just in case anyone was wondering....

She's still sick, although her spirits are up and it seems like the Zithromax is helping. Still coughing, but not nearly as bad. Sleeping through the night much better. She's mostly getting annoyed that she's stuck in the house w/ her little 31/2 yr old sister. lol

She's sleeping right now, last night was a little tough, but the nights before that she was doing pretty good.

Thanks to all for the prayers and thoughts.

meagan

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I was wondering how she was -- thanks for the update. There's some tough stuff going around. After the 4 of us got done with the flu, our older child (12) came down with a vomiting-and-diarrhea virus on Monday. She NEVER gets sick and this is twice in one month!

It's a good sign if she's getting bored!

Nina

• luna2
    luna2

Sure glad she is feeling better! Thanks for the update.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis
    There's some tough stuff going around. After the 4 of us got done with the flu, our older child (12) came down with a vomiting-and-diarrhea virus on Monday. She NEVER gets sick and this is twice in one month!

Our family dr mentioned at her initial appt last week that she's been seeing alot of bad stuff this season.

I hope that your 12 yr old is ok!? Twice in one month is a lot. Is she doing better yet?

meagan

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

glad to hear your little one is on the mend

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit