I was shunned today in the post office.

by outoftheorg 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Well this poor jw walked to the table to sort out the throw aways just as I headed there also.

I saw him and smiled, then he dropped his head to not look at me. We both sorted out the things for the trash bin and were only about 20 or so inches apart.

I remember him coming to my house when my daughters were young girls and he wanted to get aquainted.

Maybe I should have spoken to him but I just looked at him and he refused to even look back.

How sad. He always has this really sad disappointed look on his face. I know his wife and anyone married to her will never be happy. Her father the Elder managed to earn total dislike from all his children except her.

It is very sad really. Two people in their late 40's and just shuffeling along in the wbts crap as it ruins their lives.

Outoftheorg

• serendipity
    serendipity

((( out of the org )))

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I wonder what would have happened if someone went postal in there and you were in a life or death situation...........would he still shun you? What if he needed your help? Would the rules be different then?

Oh awkward for the both of you.

Sorry,

purps

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I think we all ought to have T-shirts that read "Aposta-Bubba" or "Aposta-Babe"....according to gender.....then just dare 'em to look ya in the eye.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Hey, look at it this way: they get to feel superior cos they do shun and we get to feel superior cos we don't shun. Everybody wins.

Just kidding. Shunning sucks.Big time.

~Merry

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

I have never thought of this as you have Purple Sofa.

From what I know of him, he probably would be the one needing help but I think he would put the shunning aside if I needed help.

He is really a pretty nice guy and doesn't deserve to be led around by the wbts.

Outoftheorg

• luna2
    luna2

LOL, Frannie. Can't you just picture their shocked faces? They'd scurry home to phone all the "friends" with their delicious little tid bit of gossip.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Frannie I have thought of getting a T shirt or even a license plate with EX JW or JW'S SUCK.

But I woul feel like an absolute idiot wearing some thing like that in public and I don't know why.

Outoftheorg.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Can't you just picture their shocked faces? They'd scurry home to phone all the "friends" with their delicious little tid bit of gossip.

YESSS!!! Or perhaps the slogan, "Aposta-fests are WAY more fun than Hypocri-ventions"

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

OutOfTheOrg...

Shunning sucks. Initially you feel shocked that someone you know so well would do that. Then a sadness overcomes you later as you recall your old life when people didn't shun you. Then if you are really close to them you feel sorry for them that they are so blinded by their religon...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit