My bed is too soft... how do I make it more stiff?

by Elsewhere 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

About a year ago I purchased a nice new Sealy Posturepedic bed, but I'm afraid that I got a model that was too soft. I'm starting to wake up with backaches that go away shortly after I get up and start moving around.

Are there any products out there that I can use to make the be more stiff, like what you would find at a hotel?

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Here's your solution:

1) Replace the boxspring with a box
    2) Replace the mattress with a two inch piece of foam

My parents bought me a bed like this and I hated it. I returned to my well-worn out boxspring and mattress (which was so worn, it was shaped like a banana) and put the two inch piece of foam on top.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Does the mattress turn? - health experts recommend that you should turn your mattress every 3 months (?) or it gets indented in one place causing back ache. Maybe that's all you need to do.

Or has the bed caused problems since you first got it?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have a "no flip" mattress, but I've always been in the habit of flipping my mattress very frequently. Since I cannot flip it I just rotate it 180 degrees (move the head to the foot and the foot to the head). I also switch from sleeping on one side of the bed to the other every few nights.

Basically I've kept the wear on it very uniform.

I'm hoping to find some sort of firm product that can be put on top of the mattress like the soft foam products that are available.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Is there a woman named Goldilocks in this story? lol

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I wish!

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

How about a pad of memory foam?

Found this site which tells you something about it - it looks like you can just put it over your existing mattress.

http://www.healthyfoundations.com/toppers.html

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Memory foam tends to make the bed softer....

Our mattress is very firm, and too much for my pain points from FMS. But Kev loves it! I got a 2-1/2 inch memory foam topper and it's great for me, but too soft for him.

I think we need a sleep-number bed....

• lilvette
    lilvette

I wonder what would happen if you put a piece of plywood on top of the box spring but under the mattress to give it more support.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

More stiff?

Roll over.....kidding!

Brooke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit