testing my patience

by Mommie Dark 17 Replies latest jw friends

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

Mommie,

I am very new to this board and this is the first of your posts that I have read, but I gotta say it. I'M IN LOVE. Or at least I would be if I weren't a flaming heterosexual. Anyway, I admire your "spunk" <(dusting off antiquated word, coughing). You say it well ..... Hell, I wanna be you. Keep it up!

BobsGirl

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

For those not familiar with MD's stuff, it is up and asking to be read at:
    http://www.freeminds.org/aftrhour/momidark.htm
    Don't go there to be saved! :-))

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Thanks BobsGirl but believe me YOU DON'T WANNA BE ME... take the parts you like and use 'em all you want...but be aware that this exchange shows Mommie at her kindest gentlest...I've been working on civility in Theochronic Misery School but it's my worst subject...usually I just blast away at whoever pisses me off. I'm still learning to calibrate my weapons to the target...why blast a mosquito with a sawed-off shotgun?

Learning to appreciate subtle weapons,
    MD
    (cultbuster, iconoclast, curmudgeon)

• Lindy
    Lindy

Now lookie here, Mommie, you are begining to scare me, tell that f'in alien to get the hell out of you...

Kidding aside, you are something else.

Your crazy SIL

• alirobbi
    alirobbi

MD,

Do you think she really got into trouble or was she just not able to handle any more? I suspect your cognitive dissonance diagnosis is on the mark.

If you do hear from her, expand on Farkle's idea and ask her why when the WTS admitted they were wrong they did not ask back the ones that had been DF for knowing they were.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000

Mommy, just post her e-mail addy here, & we'll shut her the hell up.

Mmkay?

--Michael

"Any day spent NOT knocking on doors is a good day!"

• Mommie Dark
    Mommie Dark

Well the emails were all from 'Customer Service" and here's the reply to my last response to him/her:

Dear Sir or Madam,

This is a general mailbox and we do not permit sending or receiving these personal subject matter emails. The person you were conversing with was made aware of this as well. If this person is interested in additional contact, they will contact you outside of the business office.

Thank you

SIT Strings Management

Apparently the person I was conversing with was wasting company time & resources... or else he/she IS the company and took the chickenshit route out of the cognitive dissonance. Either way, I think I've heard the last from this dub.

Which is all to the good since I had run out of polite ways to tell him/her to piss off...

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

>This is the point I was trying to get across to someone when they expressed great concern about my revelation of no longer considering myself a Christian. Their attitude was insulting, insinuating that my lifestyle might radically change into one of selfish debauchery (not the exact phrase they used, but it sums it up) without the fear of a deity. I suppose it is an attitude prevalant in the Christian faith, but only amplified in high-control groups like the WTS.

You too miss one of the points. You (nor is anyone) are not and never have been a Christian. You were attempting to follow the leader and 'behave' like you thought a Christian should, without the guidance of the Holy Spirit. You aren't a Christian until you love Jesus and follow Him alone. Just getting 'fire insurance' against God's wrath is not what it takes to be a Christian.
    You might want to review Romans 3.23; 6.23; 10.9-11; John 3.3; 3:16,17; 15.5-8; 8.31-32; 13.34-35, Ephesians 2.8,9, Rev. 3.20. Also, get a legitimate translation to read out of...
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit