Why do JW's elders act like their failed predictions is no big deal?

by booker-t 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• garybuss
    garybuss

These are two of my favorite quotes from my saved file:

Let's see if I have this straight. The Governing Body "takes the lead", we are repeatedly told. The Jehovah's Witnesses do not follow men, only God, we are even more repeatedly told. So, whom does the Governing Body lead? If they have no followers among the Jehovah's Witnesses, where do they have followers? Do they lead an empty procession with no people in it at all? What kind of leader has no followers? (Robert V Frazier)
    If the Society does not claim to be a *real* prophet; a true prophet - - then wouldn't that mean that there isn't *any* actual prophet on earth today? The only other source of prophets would be "Babylon the Great," wouldn't it? Isn't the Watchtower Society the only possible source of a real prophet? But if they deny being such a prophet, then wouldn't that mean that there isn't one single prophet on earth today? (Don Cameron)

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Jake99:

I want to know which predictions you think were wrong.

A small sample...there are tons more:

1914 ".. the overthrow of the professedly Christian kingdoms, really 'kingdoms of this world', and the full establishment of the Kingdom of God in the earth at A.D. 1914 .." {TKIC 1905 ed 126}

1925 "We understand that the jubilee type began to count in 1575 B.C.; and the 3,500 year period embracing the type must end in 1925.. It follows, then, that the year 1925 will mark the beginning of the restoration of all things lost by Adam's disobedience." {WT Nov 1 1922 346}

1925 "Have we more reason, or as much, to believe the kingdom will be established in 1925 than Noah had to believe that there would be a flood? .. Our thought is, that 1925 is definitely settled by the Scriptures, marking the end of the typical jubilees. Just exactly what will happen at that time no one can tell to a certainty; but we expect such a climax in the affairs of the world that the people will begin to realize the presence of the Lord and his kingdom power.. As to Noah, the Christian now has much more upon which to base his faith than Noah had (so far as the Scriptures reveal) upon which to base his faith in a coming deluge." {WT Mar 1 1923 106}

1975 "In order for the Lord Jesus Christ to be 'Lord even of the sabbath day,' his thousand-year reign would have to be the seventh in a series of thousand-year periods or millenniums. (Matt. 12:8, AV) Thus it would be a sabbatic reign. Since early in the existence of mankind Satan the Devil has been on the loose, making the human family to toil in hard bondage, causing the earth to be filled with violence before the global flood of Noah's day and inducing the same old earth to be filled with even greater violence today. Soon now six millenniums of his wicked exploiting of mankind as his slaves will end, within the lifetime of the generation that has witnessed world events since the close of the Gentile Times in 1914 till now, according to the prophetic words of Jesus in Matthew 24:34. Would not, then, the end of six millenniums of mankind's laborious enslavement under Satan the Devil be the fitting time for Jehovah God to usher in a Sabbath millennium for all his human creatures? Yes, indeed!" {WT Oct 15 1969 623, APTY 26-7}

1975 "It is just as a former United States Secretary of State noted in the June 13, 1960, issue of U.S. News & World Report. He declared that our time is 'a period of unequaled instability, unequaled violence,' and warned: 'I know enough of what is going on to assure you that, in 15 years from today, this world is going to be too dangerous to live in.' Fifteen years from 1960 brings us to 1975. He predicted that by 1975 this world would be too dangerous! Interestingly, this date is also the one indicated by the most reliable Bible research as marking the end of 6,000 years of rebellion of men and demons against God." {AWAK Jan 8 1968 19}

• M.J.
    M.J.
    That means that every lunatic walking the Earth that says he is Christ is to be investigated.

Not sure what your point is but I disagree. The burden of proof is on the lunatic that claims he's Christ.

The real Christ used miracles that not even the Pharisees could deny.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    I want to know which predictions you think were wrong. Jake99

Which predictions from the Watchtower have turned out to be right?

• Terry
    Terry
    Which predictions from the Watchtower were right?

They have a 100% record.

Never once right.

T

• Jake99
    Jake99

I thought you were expecting the Messiah to step forward and challenge the government to one of many wars around Y2K. I mean these are obviously the end times so the Chosen One is here, trained, proven, tested, tried, crucified and prepared to lead all into the New World. You will find all the facts that support his identity if you are smart enough to practice what you preach and investigate.

There is only one true prophet and he works in strange ways while performing one miracle after another just like the religious books say.

That is what the madman also known as the perfect man leaves in his wake as a leader and demonstrator of the Jesus system.

He may be strange but but he is the best leader and teacher the world has ever seen according to a mountain of facts and a thousand witnesses. That shoould be enough proof of who he is since its all about his works.

It is not every day that a perfect man parks a chariot of fire in front of a tomb and stands alone in a bubble, against the judicial system with a sworded tongue, a bow and arrows and wearing a 360 suit of armor. That is what you slept through seven years ago and the JW's and all the rest predicted Armageddon and the revealing of the Messiah almost to the letter, depending on which book applies to the circumstances.

Please look at the evidence and decide for yourself who you wish to let lead this planet. If I knew how to post links I could send some proof to get you started on the path to everything the religious books predicted. You need to be led by a man who is as Jesus was and I am that man. And I did say a mountain worth of documented proof and thousands of living witnesses that did not look beneath the veil.

• Terry
    Terry
    Please look at the evidence and decide for yourself who you wish to let lead this planet. If I knew how to post links I could send some proof to get you started on the path to everything the religious books predicted. You need to be led by a man who is as Jesus was and I am that man. And I did say a mountain worth of documented proof and thousands of living witnesses that did not look beneath the veil.

Hmmm, let me see....

I'm guessing you are a big comic book fan, right? (Oops! I mean graphic novel.)

T.

• Jake99
    Jake99

The graphic novel would be of the greatest true story ever told. And the best part is that it is heavily documented, witnessed and biblically executed. I have been working very hard for decades in proving I am the Christ. Its not just that I say I am the Christ its that I proved it time after time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit