Watchtower is either god or false prophet on end times

by RevFrank 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

END TIMES

Before 1874 to present, the Watchtower has missed dates after dates on when the Lord will come again. And when the date comes and goes away the Watchtower either ignores it or blames someone else.

Scripture speaks clearly on this issue. There is only one person that knows this date and no one, not even Jesus, knows this date.

"But that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only."(MATTHEW 24:36)

"But the day and the hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."(MARK 13:32)

So why would God Himself, the Father, tell anyone else? So who does the Watchtower think they are? GOD? If the Son doesn't know and the Son is the most favored with the Father, then anyone else...maybe the Watchtower thinks they are GOD....or is it that the Watchtower is god.....but which one?

Get over it, people. If the Father hasn't told the Son no one else knows. Now that's a theological fact.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

*clapping icon*

Very good Rev.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

But the Watchtower never predicted the hour. Anyway, who would have taught us all our Bible truth if not for the faithful slave. You sound like you need to "readjust your thinking"!!!. :)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I vote "false prophet"

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

When are you going to tell us something we don't already know Rev?

And drew sagan made a good point - in spite of the false prophecies, JW's do still get some Biblical teaching, which from your viewpoint should be better than none at all! Please if you can, name me one Christian denomination that has got it ALL right.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Awake March 22, 1993

page 4 in the foot note

"Never did they say......These are the words of Jehovah"

• xjwms
    xjwms

Watchtower October 15, 1980

Page 17 par 2

"God gives his humble servants special knowledge that others do not have."

• xjwms
    xjwms

Heres a sample of "special knowledge"

the book "Let your kingdom come" page 102 par 12 "Now in our 20th century, we have come to the time for the harvest"

the book "God's kingdom of a thousand years has approached" page 14 and par 17 says.....................

"for one thing, the end of six thousand years of human existence on earth and the beginning of mankind's seventh millennium of existence may come many years sooner than the year 2000 C.E."

the book "The nations shall know that I am Jehovah" page 216 and par 9 says.....

"Shortly, within our twentieth century, the battle in the day of Jehovah will begin against the modern antitype of Jerusalem

Special knowledge? in their own words before the year 2000. Well guess what.

• Jake99
    Jake99

Remember how Jesus passed through so quickly, performed many miracles, helped many people and was tried and convicted so mysteriously. The same things happened over the last fifty years and the battles with the government were many especially at and near Y2K while claiming and proving to be the Christ in five Massachusetts courts. The Watchtower was not wrong, the believers were asleep when the Messiah stepped forward near Y2K with a chariot of fire and a bow and arrows. If you automatically label people who do strange things crazy then you miss the point of the disturbances and miraculous events. Bold, defiant, highly capable and strange combined with mysterious, miraculous and prophetic demonstrations. That is what Jesus was and that is what the Messiah is. When it comes right down to it only the Messiah is the true prophet. When you hear similar things explained in simpler ways the rules end up written on hearts not in a book. That sure will put a few businesses out of business which is one way to conserve energy. The right prophet outperforms all the other prophets combined.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I hope that Sad Emo isn't thinking i'm a JW defender!, I was just pointing out the obvious JW rebuttle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit