G.B. members hand picked DIRECTLY by Jehovah

by SeymourButts 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

The funny thing to me is how they get all democratic when they vote on some doctrinal issue that will kill or let their followers live. Same with deletions & addditions to their own ranks -- they vote !

Now here's the curious thing...if the vote is say, 6 'Yes' to 4 'No', on some issue -- who has the Lard's Spirit ? The yeas or nays ?

After all aren't they ALL supposed be the FDS ? Aren't ALL of them are part of the "conduit from Gawd"?

So, if they are not unanimous everytime on everything...some of them are not 'playing with a full deck' of Gawd cards. Of course, we knew that, didn't we ?

Silly little men behind the curtain of WOz...

Rabbit

• M.J.
    M.J.

Here's the account of the same event from the Nov 1, 1944 Watchtower, pp. 332-333:

Since the Lord’s coming to the temple in 1918 he as Jehovah’s Head of the "faithful and wise servant" class has revealed truth after truth concerning the Theocratic organization. Finally, in the June 1 and 15, 1938, issues of The Watchtower appeared a serial article on "Organization". Therein the Lord flashed forth the compelling truth that the organization of Jehovah’s anointed servants is Theocratic and is ruled in contrary fashion to either plutocracy or-democracy. It is not ruled upward from the people, rich or poor, but is ruled from the top down; and Jehovah God is at the top. Not democratic voting by congregations, but God makes the appointments of his servants within his Theocratic organization ; and this he does by Christ Jesus the Head and through his visible governing body. On October 1, 1938, the Theocratic rule of organizing and governing was applied and went into effect with respect to all of Jehovah’s witnesses throughout the earth; and they willingly and joyfully subscribed thereto. The blessing of the great Theocratic Ruler Jehovah was seen immediately during the following years. There was a noteworthy increase in the field activities and accomplishments of his consecrated people, the remnant and their earthly companions, in the world-wide evangelism.

Interestingly (as a side note), with regard to the text in red, the Daniel's Prophecy book says the OPPOSITE about the worldwide field service activity during same time period:

dp chap. 10 pp. 177-179 Who Can Stand Against the Prince of Princes? ***

For "the holy place" to be "brought," or restored, to what it should be, the 2,300 days must have begun when it previously was in the "right condition" from God’s standpoint. At the earliest, this was on June 1, 1938, when The Watchtower published part 1 of the article "Organization." Part 2 appeared in the issue of June 15, 1938....While the 2,300 days ran their course during World War II, which began in 1939, the offering of "the constant feature" at God’s sanctuary was severely restricted because of persecution. In 1938 the Watch Tower Society had 39 branches supervising the work of the Witnesses worldwide, but by 1943 there were only 21. Increases in the number of Kingdom proclaimers were also small during that period.

The history of the WTS all depends on how they want to spin it.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So he hand-picked Chitty and Greenlees - smart move

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Handpicked... thats ridculous. Just like all..ALL the elders are chosen by holy spirit. If that is true then I should've been immediately deleted back in 2002 when my eyes opened up to this religiously hypocritical, book publishing firm.

• FairMind
    FairMind

On a serious note, once someone buys into the idea that a GB directive originates with Jehovah then it is but a short step to believing that to question the GB is to question God. This to me smacks of the GB fitting the “Man of Lawlessness” scenario they apply to the clergy.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Who were the GB in 1965 since the GB as we know it came about in the mid seventies, was it the board of directors or just Knorr and Franz?

I don't think that the GB members believe for a moment that they are god chosen or anything special to the contrary they know full well that they are a con that is calculated to deceive the world, they know more than anyone else that they are wolves in sheep's clothing.

• silentWatcher
    silentWatcher

Jehovah appoints the "Governing body" himself, directly
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Makes sense. I heard Jehovah picked Greenlees and Chitty for their intimate knowledge of greek. LOL

• Honesty
    Honesty

I wish I had known this when I rejected their teachings.

Do ya think Joe Hoba is upset with me for calling them all a bunch of hypocrites?

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Anyone know Br. Galbraithe? C. O....he was with my cong. before I D'Aed in Nov..a few years back....Always said: Information from platform, elders and mags..everything was from Jehovah.....I always HATED that......

• hooberus
    hooberus

• The WT claims that until 1972 the GB was synomous with the corporate board of directors:

"From the incorporation of the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania in 1884 until 1972, the president of the Society exercised great authority in Jehovah's organization, while the Governing Body was closely associated with the Society's board of Directors." Watchtower 5-15-1997 p. 17

"To give the Bible Students legal status, Zion's Watch Tower Tract Society was incorporated in 1884 in the United States, with headquarters in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Its directors served as a central Governing Body, overseeing the global preaching of God's Kingdom." Watchtower 2-1-1999 p.17
    "There were legal requirements involved in publishing magazines and other Bible study aids. Hence, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society was set up and registered in the state of Pennsylvania, U.S.A. For years, the visible Governing Body came to be identified with the seven-member board of directors of this corporation established to publish the Bible study aids needed and used by the Lords people earth wide." Watchtower 3-15-1990

• The WT also claims that even though the GB was synomous the board of directors that they didn't owe their position on the GB due to being elected- but instead that their GB authority came not from being elected but from being "appointed through the holy spirit under the direction of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ".

"The Societys seven directors were faithful Christians. But their role in a legal corporation might have suggested that they owed their positions on the Governing Body to their being elected by legal members of the Watch Tower Society. . . . As already mentioned, the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania has a board of directors limited to seven members. These dedicated Christian men are elected for three-year terms by corporation members totaling no more than 500, the majority of whom are not anointed Christians. Moreover, since the corporations existence is purely legal, with a fixed geographic headquarters, it can be dissolved by Caesar, that is, the State. (Mark 12:17) However, the Governing Body is not a legal instrument. Its members are not elected. They are appointed through the holy spirit under the direction of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ. (Compare Acts 20:28.) Moreover, those making up the Governing Body are spirit-appointed men without any obligatory fixed geographic location or headquarters." Watchtower 3-15-1990

• The problem- when one examines the Societies Proclaimers history book one finds that in 1917 four of the seven directors (a majority!) opposed Rutherford. Rutherfords response was to remove them on the basis of not being elected under corporate law.

"A few, especially at headquarters, actually resented Brother Rutherford. The fact that the work was moving ahead and that he was making every effort to follow the arrangements that had been put in place by Russell did not seem to impress them. Opposition soon mounted. Four members of the board of directors of the Society went so far as to endeavor to wrest administrative control from Rutherfords hands."

". . . Tuesday, July 17, 1917. On that same occasion, a startling announcement was made the four opposing directors had been removed, and Brother Rutherford had appointed four others to fill the vacancies. What was the reaction?"

"But Brother Rutherford had a sound basis for the action he had taken. How so? It turned out that although the four opposing directors had been appointed by Brother Russell, these appointments had never been confirmed by vote of the corporation members at the annual meeting of the Society. Therefore, the four of them were not legal members of the board of directors at all! Rutherford had been aware of this but had not mentioned it at first. Why not? He had wanted to avoid giving the impression that he was going against Brother Russells wishes. However, when it became evident that they would not discontinue their opposition, Rutherford acted within his authority and responsibility as president to replace them with four others whose appointments were to be confirmed at the next annual meeting, to be held in January 1918."

• Conclusion: On one hand the modern WT society tells us that even though for most of the Societies history that the GB was synomous with the board of directors, that they really received their authority from an "appointment" from Jehovah, and not from their legal position a a director. However on the other hand the Society also excuses the forced removal of the majority in 1917 as due to legal position issues. Thus, if the societies claim is true that ". . . the Governing Body is not a legal instrument. Its members are not elected. They are appointed through the holyspirit under the direction of Jehovah God and Jesus Christ"- then in 1917 the majority of the GB (which had been "appointed" by Jehovah) was thrown out based on a legal position technicality.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit