G.B. members hand picked DIRECTLY by Jehovah

by SeymourButts 22 Replies latest watchtower bible

• SeymourButts
    SeymourButts

I was in the process of looking up an article, when I came across this little gem. Jehovah appoints the "Governing body" himself, directly! Not only that, but the "Organization" is under "the immediate direction of Jehovah God himself"

Watchtower Questions From Readers 6/1/65 This strengthening of theocratic controls continued over a period of twenty years, from 1918 to 1938, and corresponds to the twenty-year building program of Solomon, in which time he completed Jehovah’s temple, his own house, the porch of judgment and the House of the Forest of Lebanon or the armory. In 1938 Jehovah revealed this correspondency to his servants and it was published in The Watchtower in a two-part article entitled “Organization.” This appeared in the issues of June 1 and 15 and proved conclusively that Jehovah’s organization must henceforth be guided and directed by Jehovah’s spirit through the visible governing body made up of those servants whom Jehovah himself would appoint. The concluding paragraph in this series stated: “Jehovah’s theocratic government is now in full control of the people of God.” but it is all a part of the advancement of Jehovah’s theocratically controlled organization under the immediate direction of Jehovah God himself. Therefore, these revisions and changes are themselves fully theocratic, so they do not alter in any way the fully theocratic structure of the organization

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

well, that does not say so much, since Jehovah hand created Adam and Eva end Satan.

jesus hand picked Judas, so .....

• Clam
    Clam

I'm so glad he picked Ray Franz.

• KW13
    KW13

Thing is, there is no scriptural evidence to support this...yes they might twist some words but what IF for example you kept praying and you sincerly felt that God was saying to do something away from the society. Then that means the elders or whoever must tell you that God wasn't speaking to you or you got it wrong.

We pray to God and he helps like that, for example when a man and woman are married they become one flesh and there is no room for anyone else in that arrangement (not even the elders though they like to think differently) and the same with our Godly relationship. The Governing Body is a bunch of self appointed hypocrites.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

WOW! I understand that choosing a replacement for someone in the GB is rather like a "crap shoot."

Seriously, I heard they use white and black pebbles, marbles or stones to make important decisions and that the idea behind it is that Jehovah controls the outcome.

• KW13
    KW13

Sometimes they do ten pin bowling too!

• KW13
    KW13

Sometimes they do ten pin bowling too!

• sir82
    sir82

...and this is precisely why we should never expect anything resembling an apology from the GB.

They really believe this about themselves!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow

who woulda thought

and that is exactly what they want people to believe. How can you possibly doubt them or question them. No wonder some people sit and wonder how they believed all this stuff - it comes from men appointed by God Himself

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I thought it was under the direction of Jesus, or was that old light, or new light, or new old light or old new light?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit