Need WT cover

by ozziepost 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day all,

Does anyone have a scanned copy of the WT cover that proclaimed, "Salvation through Jehovah's Organisation"?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

got any idea when it was published?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Lee:

I'm not sure when it was published though my guess would be in the 1980's

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I looked in the CD-ROM to find the date but that title is not ringing any bells.

But I did find this gem that contradicts the notion expressed in that title:

w90 11/1 p. 26 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities ***

As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry -- be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol or the imputing of salvation to a person or an organization. (1 Corinthians 10:14; 1 John 5:21)

• alamb
    alamb

I'll head down to the basement and start looking.

• ackack
    ackack

Its in the book, In Search of Christian Freedom.
    iirc, the title is something like "Victorious through God's Organization" ... something like that.
    I think it might have been "Put Faith in a Victorious Organization", 1979 March 1st.
    And if you're going to scan that, could you also scan in Watchtower 1971 December 15 p.749 for me? I'm looking for that chart. :)
    ackack

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

The February 15, 1983 watchtower says "to live 4ever you have to be associated with God's channel."

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

March 1 1979

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

This puter is behaving strangely and the cover isn't showing.

Try http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/file/582D9232-37EB-412E-8BA0-BF78980517BB.ashx

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

From that article:

w79 3/1 pp. 17-18 Faith in Jehovah’s Victorious Organization ***

In 1931, the book Vindication was published. It commented on Ezekiel’s prophecy wherein God says more than 60 times that people and nations and even his own servants will "know that I am Jehovah." In conjunction with that new publication, they embraced an organizational name that was most appropriate. Isaiah 43:10 provided the name for them, Jehovah’s Witnesses!

Should we believe that the true God appreciated that loyal course of theirs and would bless it? How could Jehovah do otherwise, especially when they were living up to that name by really being His witnesses!

Later on in the same article, they declare that the coming destruction of Babylon the Great and vindication of their organization will be a bigger "religious upset" than the events of 33 C.E. itself. Imagine that....bigger than the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ himself!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit