144,000, can someone help me understand this better?

by secretlove 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• secretlove
    secretlove

Thanks UncleBruce,

"Not exactly. JW's believe there is a "heavenly class" of 144,000 destined to go to live up in the sky somewhere and an "earthly class" of millions destined to live on a parklike earth wearing smart casual clothes and eating perfect fruit forever and ever and ever.."

That belief makes more sense than what I was thinking about... it's still a bunch of bull though.

So is it only the "good" JW's that get into the paradise?

• Clam
    Clam

LOL yes only the good JWs get into paradise.

• acadian
    acadian

Good morning and Welcome secretlove,

In the meantime we both married other people.

the simple answer is forget each other and get on with your own lives.

No good will come of this relationship, for one thing it's based on deception, so I doutb that either one of you are really happy and it's not your mates, it's your snicking around.
    Ask yourself a question, do I really want to be with someone who would lie to their mate/wife to have a secret relationship with you.

how could you really trust that person, that they wouldn't do the same too you.

Most relationships like this end in only harming all concerned.

On the 1444,000 thing, a witness teaching with no scriptural basis.

You know what the right thing to do is, do it.

Kind Regards

Acadian

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Secretlove, there is much more here than just the definition of the 144,000. You are in Love / Lust with with a married cultist. You are battling more that you understand. Not only his conscience to his wife, but also his decision to commit social and family ostracizing by being caught with you.

If you what my advice, buy a book called 'A Crises of Conscience' by ex-Jehovah's Witness Leadership Man Raymond Franz. In it is a first hand account of the innermost working of the Watchtower society leadership. Give that book to him and tell him either he reads this book in its entirety, or you'll never see him again.

If he wants to be with you more than the cult he's in, he'll read it. If he makes excuses, then you know where you stand with this relationship.

steve

• slugga
    slugga
    LOL yes only the good JWs get into paradise.

Everybody else gets squashed by giant hailstones or drowned or burnt to a crisp by his loving God and according to him its going to happen any day now !

lol (And to think I once believed that BS)

Matt

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    So is it only the "good" JW's that get into the paradise?

Yes, but the JWs are a bit different to most other religions in that they are always kept on tenderhooks, never quite knowing if they'll "get through Armagedon" or not. If the Watchtower leaders let JWs think they "are already saved by Gods grace" most couldn't be driven so hard to keep attending meetings, go door knocking etc...(and thus the Watchtower would lose its grip on the rank & file members).

It would be interesting for you to carefully start up a discussion with him about these things. You'll need to take it slowly to avoid him claming up. Trying to have him think clearly will be quite a challenge.

cheers, unclebruce.

By the way: Your 3800 figure refers to the number of the 144,000 heavenly class they believe are left on earth (complete bs as you've said)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Ah but the withdrawal symptoms of his mind control diet and the guilt of dumping his wife might be too much and he might snap back to his old ways.

When he finds out that secretlove knows a bit too much about his religion he might wonder how she knows all of a sudden and he may well become paranoid, panic and dump secretlove.

That's true slugga,

I didn't get into any of that as I thought you guys had the cheat'n jerk angle well covered

cheers, unc

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    lol (And to think I once believed that BS)

Matt

Sooo I take it you ain't afraid of gett'n sucked up Jehovah's big crack?

• slugga
    slugga
    Sooo I take it you ain't afraid of gett'n sucked up Jehovah's big crack?

Nope, I always knew I had it coming...

I was winner of the DC "Brother least likely to make it through Armageddon" award several years running, i was neck and neck for several years with a gay cross dressing brother who used to turn up for meetings dressed as a nun and stole bibles from peoples ministry bags.One year he took to peeing on someones toilet seat at a book study and so won that year.

Matt

• greendawn
    greendawn

One can do better than with secret love affairs, it's nice to have one you can be open about and not having to hide it from others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit