144,000, can someone help me understand this better?

by secretlove 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• secretlove
    secretlove

I'm sort of having an affair with a JW. It's been a 14 year old love/lust thing that we've never really come to terms with. I'm not a JW so that has always been a problem.

He's married to a JW and they have no kids. He believes so deeply that his religion is correct but he's messing around with me. How can he be cheating on his wife and think he might be saved or whatever at armageddon?

I read somewhere that there is only room for another 3800 or something like that? Is it true that they believe that? If that's the case, I don't think he's getting in. He's not a very good JW if he's seeing me on the sly. I so badly want to say to him, "Are you blind? If there is only limited room left, a fornicating JW probably won't be saved!" (I secretly wish he would just drop everything and run away with me) That probably won't happen but what's the point in being miserable in a religion that you are basically doomed in the end??!!

• ballistic
    ballistic

Do you generally go for married men then?

• secretlove
    secretlove

NO!!!!!!!

I was in love with him before he was married. Then we stayed away from each other for about 4 years because it wasn't working out b/c of the whole JW thing. In the meantime we both married other people.

but I still love him and I know he still has feeling for me!

• ballistic
    ballistic

But you can't get it together with him after 14 years? Don't you think you are wasting your time? There are hundreds of thousands of us single blokes out there who can't find decent women.

• slugga
    slugga

Forget him, hes cheating on his wife, hes cheating on his God and hes basically cheating on his whole congregation by seeing you behind his wife's back.

Do you honestly think he'll be able to keep his pants on once hes in a relationship with you? Nope, he'll go a wandering.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

hello secretlove,

You're really between a rock and a hard place.

He believes so deeply that his religion is correct but he's messing around with me. How can he be cheating on his wife and think he might be saved or whatever at armageddon?

The mans mind isn't really his own. Jehovah's Witnesses are subject to a powerful thought control program that to a large extent renders their thinking ability inoperative.

I read somewhere that there is only room for another 3800 or something like that? ; Is it true that they believe that? If that's the case, I don't think he's getting in. He's not a very good JW if he's seeing me on the sly. I so badly want to say to him, "Are you blind? If there is only limited room left, a fornicating JW probably won't be saved!" (I secretly wish he would just drop everything and run away with me) That probably won't happen but what's the point in being miserable in a religion that you are basically doomed in the end??!!

Not exactly. JW's believe there is a "heavenly class" of 144,000 destined to go to live up in the sky somewhere and an "earthly class" of millions destined to live on a parklike earth wearing smart casual clothes and eating perfect fruit forever and ever and ever..

I can only sugest you take a very deep breath and say just what you've said here - Are you blind? If there is only limited room left, a fornicating JW probably won't be saved!" (I secretly wish he would just drop everything and run away with me)

The only known cure for a brainwashed zombie dub is for him to be weaned off the mindcontrol diet - if you can manage to drag him away with you .. he could gradually recover his own mind.

best wishes, unclebruce

• Honesty
    Honesty

JW's believe that the 144,000 mentioned in chapter 7 of Revelation is a literal number. They believe that only 144,000 people get the privilege of being raptured up to Jesus. But... they don't believe in the rapture. They also believe all of the first century Christians were part of the 144,000 special group. Problem is they don't realise that there were at least 144,000 Christians during the first century according to conservative estimates by educated bible researchers.

The JW's believe that everyone except people who were drowned in the flood of Noah's day and people who left the JW cult are going to be resurrected to a paradise on earth after their god destroys everyone except JW's at Armageddon. Armageddon was supposed to take place in 1874, 1914, 1925, 1975 according to the whacked out minds ruling the JW religion and overlording the JW's.

• Clam
    Clam

secretlove - what on earth do you get out of being in a relationship with this man? You obviously dont fit comfortably into the "mistress" role. I know nothing of this man other than what you've briefly posted, but he's profiling as a liar, adulterer, hypocrite and coward, and that's just for starters.

The 3800 places bit I don't get. The 144,000 are a special anointed class who are due to go to heaven. The rank and file JWs all get to stay on a paradise earth after Armageddon. The other 6 billion people on the planet get wasted. That's the JW teaching.

Having an affair with you is a huge no-no. They'd have his guts for garters if they knew and he'd be chucked out. 14 years without being found out. How has he done it?

I wouldn't say give him an ultimatum. How could you ever trust a person like this even if he left his wife for you?

Get rid of him, get over him, then go and find a decent human being to love.

• slugga
    slugga
    The only known cure for a brainwashed zombie dub is for him to be weaned off the mindcontrol diet - if you can manage to drag him away with you

Ah but the withdrawal symptoms of his mind control diet and the guilt of dumping his wife might be too much and he might snap back to his old ways.

When he finds out that secretlove knows a bit too much about his religion he might wonder how she knows all of a sudden and he may well become paranoid, panic and dump secretlove.

• ballistic
    ballistic

My advice to you secretlove would be to try a little bit harder to keep your knickers on, and find out if this guy loves you as much as you think he does.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit