WT AND "DOOR TO DOOR" PREACHING

by Mary 13 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

And don't forget what JC has to say

remain in the same house, eating and drinking what they provide, for the laborer deserves his wages; do not go from house to house

they learn to be idlers, gadding about from house to house, and not only idlers but gossips and busybodies, saying what they should not

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

This is a real eye opener! And it makes me angry that the Governing Shoddy actually knows that my elderly parents don't really have to go from door to door in the ice and snow, risking falling! Instead, they could have a small group, or church, in the comfort of their home for Bible study! That'd take a lot of pressure off of them, but I doubt many of them will catch this footnote.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Also:

while I did not hold back from telling YOU
    It would seem the "you" refers to fellow christians, not the unbelievers.

• Mary
    Mary

Hey Ozzie, that's another great point! He was already talking to the converted, not potential converts........the more I research, the more I realize that the whole method of being forced to go banging on doors trying to sell magazines to the public is a really pathetic, non-productive way of trying to get recruits. Not only that, there's no scriptural basis whatsoever for it.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit