How good are JW doctrine Scholars?

by Spectrum 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I posted this earlier

Just looking at the level of reading skill that the litterature no true theology or religious professor would ever consider this "academic"

I did take a religion course in University "On Death and Dying" The paper I wrote is on my webpage titled Social Death: The Practice of Disfellowshipping Among Jehovah's Witnesses. Now I wasn't a religion or theology student, but if I had turned anything in that resembled a WT article I would have been laughed at by the prof and told to do it again if I had any hope of passing the course.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

How good are JW doctrine Scholars?

Honest opinion ?

Clueless - on a whole other level.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

ah yes

This is the post that spurred me to write Writing academic/scholarly papers

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Very selective in their quotes

Brilliant at circular reasoning

BAD AT GIVING FULL REFERENCES for peer review

• Think
    Think

They are no good, I am the AUTHORITY ON THE BIBLE, and I am the Pop John Paul Johanserberger VIII,

so, they have to answer to me !

• greendawn
    greendawn

They are useless, either they get their concepts wrong because they are incompetent or else they intentionally produce false doctrines. Historically all original JW doctrine was eventually abandoned by the JWs themselves, and the rest is under constant attack by critics as unbiblical or downright absurd.

• TD
    TD

~Not very good. As Roger Crompton and others have observed, modern JW leaders often seem completely unaware of the premises under which previous doctrines were formulated and taught.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit