Would You Like Some Bible Based Literature?

by Apostanator 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

That's what she asked me as I was putting my laundry in my car at the laudromat. She was parked right next to me and she rolled down her window and had the Awake and Watchtower in her hands. I said I use to be one of Jehovahs Witnesses but because of the Pedophile problems as well as the Societies involvement in the UN, I left. She said,,,,,,well maybe you'll come back. I turned around and said No, I don't think so. I'm turned off by how the Pedophiles are protected in the congregation as well as the JW's involvement with the UN. I also said, "I researched the Organization and I encourage you to research it also, you will be shocked at what you find". Maybe I planted a seed.

• JH
    JH

It's funny that she didn't put up a fight, or say, "I never heard about that", or "that can't be true".

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

of course you planted a whole garden of seeds. i the time span of 2 minutes. you shut her down. and in the back of her mind she knows it. whenever a jw runs into someone that understands the working of the wts. most jw's melt . and run with their tail between their legs. she most likely learned more from you . in 2 minutes than in years of fs. good work. john

• Honesty
    Honesty

You planted, watered and cultivated a big garden, Apostanator.

• ferret
    ferret

Apotanator, you gave a good witness of the truth, a fine example for the rest of us.

• one bad apple
    one bad apple

That's awesome. I bet you were all the buzz. Were you just waiting for a opportunity like that?

• Mary
    Mary
    I said I use to be one of Jehovahs Witnesses but because of the Pedophile problems as well as the Societies involvement in the UN, I left. She said,,,,,,well maybe you'll come back.

LOL! It just shows how brainwashed they are. If any organization has a pedophile problem, why on earth would anyone "want to go back"?? On the up side, yes, you probably planted a seed. While many Witnesses know about all the negative publicity that the Organization got regarding the pedophile problem, I don't think too many of them know about the UN scandal.......

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Good for you both! You for maybe saving her from a very dull life, and she for not shutting you down.

• Apostanator
    Apostanator

It's funny,,,,,I am a little more bolder now than I was before. Not caulkie but more comfortable in my skin. I know what I believe and why I believe it so it's easier for me to engage a witness in conversation. Maybe they'ill remember some of what I say and hopefully made a difference for them in the future.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

That's great!

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit