New WT Section : Questions From The Public

by Clam 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Clam
    Clam

As well as having the contrived Questions from Readers I believe the Watchtower should have Questions from the Public or indeed Questions from Apostates TM

I think it would give the WTS the opportunity to clarify their position on certain matters. After all some issues actually cause defection, so it could be a very worthwhile exercise to curb decreasing interest in the religion. They have the truth so the truth should easily stand up to scrutiny.

And after all, the Watchtower reader is quite often the average householder who has been given the magazine to gain insight into Jehovah's organisation. It's not just for Jehovah's Witnesses is it?

Questions from the Public

Why does the Society insist that 607 BCE was the date for the destruction of Jerusalem when distinguished historians say otherwise?

I've been looking at silentlambs.org and am concerned at the extent of child abuse in your religion. Can you explain what you are doing to eradicate this problem?

Why when Acts tells us to abstain from blood do Jehovah's Witness not abstain from donated and stored blood supplies?

etc. .

• Legolas
    Legolas

That would be an excellent thought ...IF indeed it was the truth!

The higher up's know though that it is NOT the truth but a money making business therefore that's why they don't have it!

• luna2
    luna2

Neat idea...I'm sure they'd do it if they could find questions from the public that they liked or made them look good. They'd never entertain questions from "apostates", though. They have to set a good example of shunning for the flock. LOL

• jgnat
    jgnat

You're such a dreamer, Clam! LOL.

Here's some of the top questions from the public that I've heard:

1. Some Jehovah's Witnesses showed up at a friend's funeral and were very rude. They totally ignored the grieving family (non-JW's) and tried leaving tracts about their religion. How can they consider that a good witness?
    2. My daughter married a Jehovah's Witness and his side of the family boycotted the funeral and were very rude. How can they consider that a good witness?
    3. Is it true that Jehovah's Witness parents would rather see their child die than accept a blood transfusion?
    4. I am an employer and I don't want to offend my Jehovah's Witness employee. What is acceptable by way of cards, social events, or acknowledgement around birthdays and the seasonal holidays? (the standard brochure provides no practical guidance for these questions)
    5. I am a teacher with a Jehovah's Witness child, and I want to be sensitive regarding their beliefs. What is acceptable by way of cards, social events, or acknowledgement around birthdays and the seasonal holidays? Are there acceptable ways I can honor this child's beliefs and still help them feel included in the classroom?
  • undercover
    undercover

Here's a couple more:

"I understand that you feel the need to go door to door to spread your message and that's fine, but, why do you have to do it in all kinds of bad weather? I see your followers dragging their kids out in extreme cold, heavy rain, snow even to peddle your magazines. Why not just do your proselytizing in good weather and stay home and study the Bible in bad weather?"

"What's with making such a big deal out of whether Jesus died on a cross or a stake? A little research shows that the Romans used both stakes and crosses to execute people. There are arguments for both cross and stake when you look at all the historical and biblical evidence. Since there's no definitive proof one way or the other, why not just admit that Jesus could have been executed in either fashion and let people accept whichever notion fits their sensibilities?"

• Clam
    Clam

jgnat yes I suppose I must be a dreamer.

It never ceases to exasparate me that JWs refuse to test what they call "the truth".

I know its always being said but the truth would stand up, and would be ever open to scrutiny and questioning. If questions are being avoided then the representative of God on earth, the FDS is fallible. A true prophet is infallible.

• Mary
    Mary
    As well as having the contrived Questions from Readers I believe the Watchtower should have Questions from the Public or indeed Questions from Apostates. I think it would give the WTS the opportunity to clarify their position on certain matters

LMAO.......you're kidding right? There's a better chance of Armageddon coming tonight than that scenario ever happening. Ever wonder why their official website has no email address for you to contact if you have a question? Take a look; they've only got a pathetic page under "Contact Us" where you give them your name, address, etc. There's absolutely no place on there where it gives a phone number, or email address by way of contact. And why is that? Because they know full well they'd be inundated with questions that they have no answer to.

Think back to the days when you went out in Service. If you got someone at the door who actually knew their bible and who asked you a question you didn't know the answer to, what happened? That's right, we got very defensive and evaded the question as that's what we were trained to do.

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the Questions from Readers are probably all bogus anyway........

• Clam
    Clam

Yes of course I'm kidding. I was kind of putting bait out.

I have a sneaking suspicion that most of the Questions from Readers are probably all bogus anyway........

I had always assumed they ALL were.

In C O C Ray Franz talks about using Readers Questions as a way of slipping the masses some opium. Can't remember if it was 1975 or "This Generation Shall by No Means Pass Away"

• minimus
    minimus

Here's a question----"Since all Bethelites have taken a vow of poverty, what do they do with all the cash they get from the publishers?"

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Great idea but it will not happen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit