Response from Society over UN Membership

by skyman 18 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Here is a more recent letter from the UN in PDF format:

http://www.davidgladden.com/jw/UN_watchtower.pdf

• Mr. Kim
    Mr. Kim

And even after all of that, the WTB&TS still can't admit their mistake and fornication with the so called BEAST because of PRIDE! A simple apology to EVERYONE would work wonders!

PRIDE, PRIDE and OH! don’t forget LIABILITY!

• greendawn
    greendawn

Given the way they talk about the world and the way they treat those JWs that want to be more involved in it, they should have never associated with the UN. For others it would never be an issue but to them because of their own standards it is. They shouldn't have double standards.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

so why not print in the watchtower...even in a question from readers..this 'reasonable' explanation...why are they so scared to do this????

• billyboy
    billyboy

I wholeheartedly agree Ian - to paraphrase Kevin Keegan "I'd love it" if the WTS posted a Question from Readers about this , or referred to it in a study article and justified their position. I spoke to a CO about this who said that some US COs had tried to get the WTS to publish information at the time but Brooklyn vetoed it. I suspect now that too much time has elapsed - we are talking about several years now.

Having said that , I go by the botch-up theory rather than the conspiracy theory - I suspect that the whole NGO business has been hyped up by opposers for their own ends.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo
    I suspect now that too much time has elapsed - we are talking about several years now.

yes this would seem to be the stance now billyb....as if the passing of time will provide an explanation

the org policy...and the elder policy is say nothing and hope that it goes away

it was the same policy that was adopted by my jc...all i wanted was an explanation..but they adopted the attitude ignore him and he'll go away...and they were right.. i did...and somewhere in the back of my mind i cant help thinking that jehovah is going to hold them responsible for that.

it seems to me to be the height of arrogance that this dismissive attitude is adopted toward any that merely ask for an explanaion as if the very act of enquiring is in itself considered grounds for considering someone as unworthy to be granted the explanation for which they seek

• elliej
    elliej
    so why not print in the watchtower...even in a question from readers..this 'reasonable' explanation...why are they so scared to do this????

Because so many of the rank and file still don't know about this. It seems to us that everyone must know, but it isn't true. They have been able to successfully hide it by scaring people away from the primary source that educated us about it: the internet.

I'm willing to bet that the majority of witnesses have never even heard a whisper about this scandal. And, unfortunately, many who have completely disregarded it immediately.

• billyboy
    billyboy

I think this is fairly well known - it was published in a newspaper over here. Most of the informed JWs I know are aware of it although they do tend to dismiss it as inconsequential (as I do).

• lucifer
    lucifer

OH they make me so mad! So it's OK for Them to be part of the UN but it's considered wrong(stumbling) if you work at say a nursing home that is a"Baptist Nursing Home" grrrrr hypocrites

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit