Did anyone hear the expression- If it was`nt for Jehovah I wouldnt stick it

by jambon1 17 Replies latest jw friends

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

i used to use the expression, but it was always in reference to violent self destruction, or suicide.

it's ironic, but i can't imagine killing myself now, consciously and purposefully. i am still self destructive. like, a few weeks ago, i was driving back from the mountains so fast that if one thing went wrong, it would have all come to an end in an instant. or if a cop would have flagged me, i would be in jail right now. people who where going 120 were like sitting ducks as i passed them.

so, i mean to say, i am no healed, eye-scale-free humanist. but i still don't want to die.

but this thread wasn't about death, was it?

perhaps back when i was a witnoid, and i would say "If it wasn't for Jehovah, I wouldn't be here", no one understood what i meant. it's possible, for sure, considering some of the people i knew. perhaps they thought i was talking about the org, as i hung six stories above the street from my balcony, laughing.

i used to also say: "if it wasn't for the truth, i'd be sleeping in a ditch in mexico right now." which isn't so far from the real truth, now that i am out. no offense to anyone who is just humming along hunky-dory.

ts

• garybuss
    garybuss

Yup! I heard it lots. "The only reason I'm a Witness is because of my love for *Jehovah*."

One elder told me after he had a whole semi load of crap dumped on him by other Witness people that he wasn't going to let some other Witness people ruin his relationship with *Jehovah*. Jehovah's Witnesses infight worse than any group I know of. They gossip, they slander each other, they pick, they fight, they snub and they shun anybody who doesn't think this is a good way of life.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Nellie??!!!! Could it be?!

Oh, yeah the Jehovah thing; right...sorry.

Sure, Its said all the time. The freeloader pioneer sister (ya'll do know who the freeloader pioneer sister is by now right?) Anyways she uses that expression anytime even when the littlest thing goes wrong:

"If it wasn't for Jehovah my so and so in New Orleans would of never made it."

"If it wasn't for Jehovah I would of never made it to the JCPenney doorbusters sale this morning."

"If it wasn't for Jehovah"...ah hell ya'll know what I'm talkin 'bout!

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Nellie is a female??!!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I've heard that before. My question is, if not doing it because of other people then why organization at all? The people are still keeping you there, even if they like to humor themselves that they are not. Even those who have get dissillusioned usually blame on the local brothers and how the situation is differant in other halls (so they think).

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Yeah, I've heard it. Right after I got "stumbled" (I thank those people for stumbling me!). My neice would tell me that men are imperfect; you are serving Jehovah not man. I kept telling them that "I didn't have love for the whole association of brothers", so I thought that there must be something wrong with me; because when someone did something bad to me, I got mad! I got so mad, I disassociated myself!

Praise Jah!

• Honesty
    Honesty

It is so sad that the JW's equate the organisation with Jehovah because when it is all said and done He's nowhere to be found.

• atypical
    atypical

Yep, it's a popular saying with witness-heads. My mom likes to tell me how some CO's wife told her that she thinks only 1 in 5 witnesses are actually good individuals. I asked her how she thinks those numbers are any better than the rest of the world?!?! Actually, I think better than 1 in 5 people are good. It's just a stupid trick to make a person think they are still doing the right thing, in the face of countless facts that say they aren't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit