Is (are) sly and the family stone a jw? if so...

by orbison11 11 Replies latest jw friends

• orbison11
    orbison11

this just in on tonight's grammy's ,,,,,, But perhaps the loudest applause -- and certainly the most amazement -- greeted Sly Stone as he joined a tribute to his music in the middle of "I Want to Take You Higher."

The onetime leader of Sly and the Family Stone, who has avoided the public eye for many years, appeared with a bleached-blond mohawk haircut, not to mention a metallic greatcoat, sunglasses and a giant "SLY" belt buckle. He played keyboards and led some of the singing, but looked uncomfortable and had disappeared by the end of the song.

Despite the strange appearance (and disappearance), his performance riveted his fellow musicians. "Can you really argue with an unbelievable looking mohawk and a silver jacket?" asked Maroon 5's Adam Levine. orbi

• prophecor
    prophecor

Sly, I would doubt very seriously. Bassist, Larry Graham who began with Sly & the Family Stone, however, is a Jehovah's Witness, and has been for many years. I believe he is partially responsible for assisting Brother Prince Nelson Rodgers into " The Truth ".

• Robdar
    Robdar

Yah. I believe Prophecor is correct.

Hi Prophecor

• orbison11
    orbison11

yes, now that makes sense,,,,,,,,,,,,

as rosanna danna said

nevermind:)

orbi

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Not only is it true, but a family friend of mine former childhood bully is married to his daughter.

• Dune
    Dune

Yeah, only larry graham is a witness.

My ex-girlfriend had a pic of herself with him at a convention, lol.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I might be mistaken, but I think I had seen an article in the Awake about Sly and the family stone being witnesses..... maybe someone knows which article this was? I know it's been awhile and may have been an older copy when I came across it.

• Nina
    Nina
    I think I had seen an article in the Awake about Sly and the family stone being witnesses.....

You may be thinking of the article in the Awake! about Larry Graham becoming a JW. The other members of the group were not JW's.

Nina

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I knew Larry Graham's mother, she was a jw too. She used to come in to my jobsite when I worked at a bank. That was about 21 years ago. And she was married to a much much younger man. I used to stare at her husband wondering if he was waiting for the end so that his wife would be made young again. I wonder what ever happened to them both.

• prophecor
    prophecor

Heard it rumored that Graham's father was of the anointed class

Any takers on that minute bit of gossip?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit