For Stevenyc:Epic of Gilgamesh and UFO's

by Franz 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Franz
    Franz

In a previous topic of mine regarding Satans (chariot) stevenyc suggested I study Gilgamesh for information on the Giants (maha'ladriel) I have posted some thoughts:
    In Ancient Sumer clay tablets describe visits of the gods. The gods fly in vehicles, called Shems, or Mu, which are described as being tall rocket like "rocks" from which fire flies. The visiting gods stay at temples, built by humans under the instructions of the gods, and are waited on. Certainly the detailed descriptions of everything from who shakes hands with the gods first, to what food is served, and how the gods are carried back to their Shems imply that the Sumerians weren't just expecting spiritual visitors, but physical beings, from the sky.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Many of the accounts in the Hebrew Bible are easily said to be describing extra terrestrials interacting with humans. The way that Jehovah fought battles for the Israelites by shooting firey missles from the sky, the angels that would appear and people could tell just by looking at them that they were not human.

There are many theories that extra terrestrials dealt directly with ancient human civilizations and then stopped. Now there is nothing left but ancient accounts, myths, legend and lore.

I never took it seriously but I think I will read some about these Sumerian accounts.

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

""The heavens shrieked, the earth boomed; Daylight failed, darkness came. Lighting flashed, a flame shot up. The clouds swelled, it rained death. Then the glow vanished; the fire went out, and all that had fallen turned to ashes."

Jesus H., man. Have you ever heard of a volcano? That's basically what this passage is describing. Actually, there are scholars who think the ancient description of the Greek gods fighting the Titans also refers to a volcanic eruption - but I forgot, in your looney version of the universe all human history and mythology is the exclusive domain of the paranormal, as opposed to the mundane truths that actually lie behind events that happen in the real world. So something as esoteric as a volcanic eruption is probably just silly to you.

"(Doesn't it seem strange that we have 60 minutes in an hour, and not a hundred? Or that our day is 24 hours, not 20?) "

Not really, when you consider that very ancient cultures likely used a duodecimal system in which sets of data were compared with the number of joints on the human hand, using the thumb as an indicator. Why would a hundred minutes or twenty hours be any more "natural"? Our ancestors made this shit up by counting based on their own hands and feet. It's not that tricky.

"Could ancient myths speak of extra-terrestrials? From what I read, I see that there is such a possibility."

Occam's Razor, man. You are trying WAY too hard.

• skyman
    skyman
    Greek gods fighting the Titans also refers to a volcanic eruption - but I forgot, in your looney version of the universe all human history and mythology is the exclusive domain of the paranormal, as opposed to the mundane truths that actually lie behind events that happen in the real world. So something as esoteric as a volcanic eruption is probably just silly to you.

MuadDib He who speaks before his looks into something makes a fool out of himself. You need to look into ancient history. They have found the DNA helix hieroglyphs this shows that the ancients know about DNA. The ancients describe in detail trips to the moon that almost mimics exactly what the astronauts of today have described. They know about the planets and put them down in writing. They know amazing things that we are just finding out.

Don't forget what you state as loony you had better to able to explain. The above to statement passes judgment on someone else.

Can you explain it? No becasue no one can. I guess you are smarter than the researchers that scratch their heads wondering how in the world did the ancients know all of this so long ago.

I can't answer it so my mind is open to all possibilities until they are not proved true or false.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Franz, I've just got home from work. So right know I'm only posting fluff. I'll respond tomorrow after some sleep.

steve

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Bugger it,

Franz, I guess your intentions are honest and exciting, but you really have to stop reading bullshit into things. You throw presumptions of alien encounters into ancient stories with no evidence. I can understand that the feeling of overwhelming purpose beyond our current perception of the grander scheme makes ones adrenalin flow, but, take a step back and consider the more likely reality of ancient expression and modern interpretation.

None of these stories are about aliens, gods, demons, ghouls, or Paris Hilton. But, it is so easy to read into them such.

steve

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

please.... NEVER EVER QUOTE DAVID ICKE AS IF HE IS A RELIABLE SOURCE!!!

the infamous one

• MuadDib
    MuadDib

"You need to look into ancient history."

I am currently finishing an Honours degree in ancient history. I'd wager I know it fairly well. I have yet to encounter, after four years of research, any treatment by an accredited scholar or historian of ancient knowledge of DNA or space flight. One would think that such an important find would rank pretty high up on the research scale in terms of priorities. And yet serious archaeologists and historians seem content to learn about such mundane things as ancient coinage, pottery, administration, literature, warfare, and so on. At least, these are the fields to which they are devoting all their funds, research, and energy.

Why do you think that is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit