New Armageddon Okies letter! 2/6/06

by Dogpatch 8 Replies latest social humour

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

from http://www.freeminds.org/buss/okies.htm

#41 Letter From Home

Pork Rib Feed!

Dear Randy,

We wanted you to know we heard about that pork rib feed you and the new circuit servant went to with his wife at Ma Parker's fine dining and shoe repair. Brother Short told Lester and he has a sister who knows sister Ball of the over hill Ball clan who used to pioneer over by Gateway. She told Bubba and Bubba wrote it all down on the back of the handbill in his hat. The whole circuit is talking about it. We heard you paid.

It was nice you let them stay at your place. We don't have any restaurants here that would have a $40 bill. Hereabouts we could buy a restaurant for not much more than that. We don't have any gyms or amusement parks here either. For exercise we just go coon huntin'. For fun we go to Dicky's. It's a grocery store and it's big. It's got two cash registers now.

Granny can't git to no meetings anymore cause her wound from her gall bladder operation she had four years ago won't heal right. She keeps picking the scab off of it. The Society sends her tapes of the Watchdog magazine but we don't have a tape player anymore since three Circuit Servant visits ago.

Service sure is harder now since we don't use the phonograph anymore. Maw mentioned it to Rusty Fenders and he said we would only be doing it this way a few months cause the end is so close. It's easy to see with these high prices for everything. It's a good thing we don't have to buy eggs cause they're 15 cents a dozen at the store. Sugar went way up too and we been puttin' molasses on our cereal. It's really not that bad after the first month or two. Granny says it's helpin' with her bowel problem.

I have to go, the dogs are barkin' and I think I hear Bubba's truck. He's only got breaks on one wheel and last week he went right through the back of the garage.

Clem

PS: LeRoy was wondering how many beers he could drink and still say prayer after the meeting. He said he thought you'd know.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Love the series Randy. Thanx

• Poztate
    Poztate

I am glad to see Gary found inspiration with a few of the recent posts here. Way to go Gary.. I think everybody shoud read the whole series. ATT...Newbies and lurkers...Click on the link and get set for some real down home kind of entertainment (hillbilly style)

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

These stories are some of the funniest ever. I've got to go and read them all again. Love the hilbilly JWs.lol

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Gary is SO funny! I love his "Armageddon Okies" series!! Glad he found the inspiration to do another!

Frannie

• starstuff
    starstuff

This is the first Armageddon Okies letter I've ever read. I can't wait to read the others. Thanks!

• bebu
    bebu
    Ma Parker's fine dining and shoe repair

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Thanks, Gary!!

starstuff, welcome to the board. I really love your user name.

bebu

• xjwms
    xjwms

Randy

you always got good stuff.

• Mr. Kim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit