A Muslim thinks JW's are a Menace to them

by ICBehindtheCurtain 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Robdar
    Robdar

I haven't seen any fanatical Christians rioting, burning and killing in the name of Christ . . .not on the news , anyway, or in this century. And because of a caricature? Please don't tell me you understand their " feelings".

Hmmmm, you haven't seen them killing?

What about those abortion doctors that were shot down in cold blood a couple of years ago? How bout the burnings of abortion clinics? How about the riots outside of abortion clinics? Just do a google search. Then come back here and tell me that you don't see fanatical christians running amok.

Why would I tell you that I understand their feelings? What do feelings have to do with the point you are trying to make? As a matter of fact, since you think you already know my answers to your questions, why did you even bother asking me? You really aren't that good of a smart ass, you know. But keep trying. Sooner or later you'll get better.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Oh, and another thing, Tigerman:

If Christians aren't fanatical, then why do they look at the war in Iraq as some type of holy war? When was the last time you were in church? I had a preacher tell me that the war in Iraq was God's way of showing the power of Christ to the infidels.

I do believe that if Christians could get by with half the stuff that the Muslims are getting by with, they'd do it in a hearbeat.

Sure, Muslims have a lot to learn about the "peace of Allah". But the Christians have a lot to learn about the "love of Christ" too. Don't tell me they don't. History and current events tell us otherwise.

• Clam
    Clam

Really good link IC, thanks for that. I wonder how many moslems have converted to Borgism and how many Dubs have gone on to become moslems.

I certainly wouldn't want to be knocking on the doors in some of the moslem communities overe here in England.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Robdar,

Fanatics can be found in any belief system...(not just Christian & Muslim) and that is where the danger lies. Some groups are able to exploit this with horrible results. It seems to be happening within the Muslim community on a larger scale than anywhere else in the world. I don't deny that there have been some Christians who have done some terrible things in the name of religion. The difference I see is that Fundamentalist Muslims are taught to hate. They don't seem to have much respect for the value of human life. Christians are taught the love of Christ. (some don't get it., i know..but I think most do)

I won't attempt to convince you that there is a difference. You have made up your mind, and you are entitled to your opinion.

Coffee

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Robdar:

"You really aren't that good of a smart ass, you know. But keep trying. Sooner or later you'll get better." you said.

Thanks, luv your confidence in me.

Tigerman

• Robdar
    Robdar

Fanatics can be found in any belief system...(not just Christian & Muslim)

Coffee, that is my whole point. Fanatics can be found in any belief system. Although I haven't met too many fanatical Buddhists. I am just tired of those on this board who have an agenda against Muslims. All the while ignoring the Christians as if some how we are better than those people. It smacks of Jdubdom.

Maybe it's because I used to despise Muslims myself. When I would see a veiled woman, my blood would boil. Then I met a few Muslims in person. There is a BIG difference between a Muslim and a Muslim fanatic. Same as Christians. I live in the Bible Belt and I meet fanatical Christians most every day due to my line of work. Believe me, some of them are very hot headed and fanatical. I've had to even throw some of them out of the gallery. All are convinced that God is fighting on their side and the side of the Jews.

Any way, my mind may be made up but you just agreed with me so, I will leave it at that.

Here's my peace offering:

Robyn

• Robdar
    Robdar

Right back at you, lovely Tigerman!

But let me give you this too:

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Hi Robdar,

I don't agree with you...just recognize that you have every right to your opinion. .. as do I. I don't have an agenda...but I don't see the world through your eyes. I've had very different experiences than you have...

No peace offering necessary....

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit